Gay couples will have the right to adopt priests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "what is the purpose of sex?"

hmmm.... to make lots of money! thats one. it drives about all of advertisement.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ming View Post
      I have no problem with you teaching your children that marriage between one woman and one man is the best way. I can support you on this one. WAY TO GO.
      However, that doesn't give you the right to cram your beliefs down other people's throats.

But, yet again... if you had a daughter, using your own logic, shouldn't you teach her to marry another woman, since it's safer for her to have sex with a woman than a man?
      1). Christians don't ram their beliefs down people's throats. That's propaganda.

2). No. I would not teach my daughter to be a lesbian, because that's not God says for her to do. I'm not the one arguing that children should be taught to have safe sex. You are. I'm saying children should be taught to do what God says.
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Originally posted by My Wife Hates CIV View Post
        "what is the purpose of sex?"

hmmm.... to make lots of money! thats one. it drives about all of advertisement.
        cardiovascular exercise

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
          1). Christians don't ram their beliefs down people's throats. That's propaganda.
          Then why not allow gays to be married. It doesn't effect your personal beliefs or relationships. But all we hear from christians is it shouldn't be allowed, and how it will destroy the concept of marriage... That's Propaganda.

2). No. I would not teach my daughter to be a lesbian, because that's not God says for her to do. I'm not the one arguing that children should be taught to have safe sex. You are. I'm saying children should be taught to do what God says.
          And again... ALL POWER TO YOU. Teach your kids your beliefs. I have no problem with that.

But when you say children (and I think you are implying all children) should be taught to do what God says, I must disagree. First, which God should they listen to? And what about those parents that don't believe in God... Feel free to teach your kids what you want... but don't force your concepts of God and Religion on those that don't want it.
          They should have the same right you do, and teach their kids what they believe. And many believe gay marriage is good and that gays should have the same right to get married.
          Keep on Civin'
          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• I never did get all caught up in this religion thing. I thank god everyday i didnt.

but yeah, i agree with mings last post.

i mean, who cares? just be a good person in life.

Comment

I support total abstinence, except for those who aren't able to do that. For those who aren't, I support marriage between one woman and one man. That's the best way. That's what I teach my son. I don't have a daughter, but if I did I would teach her the same thing.
              didn't you post a thread this year about how you'd just had sex with a drunk woman?
              "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Then why not allow gays to be married. It doesn't effect your personal beliefs or relationships. But all we hear from christians is it shouldn't be allowed, and how it will destroy the concept of marriage... That's Propaganda.

And again... ALL POWER TO YOU. Teach your kids your beliefs. I have no problem with that.

But when you say children (and I think you are implying all children) should be taught to do what God says, I must disagree. First, which God should they listen to? And what about those parents that don't believe in God... Feel free to teach your kids what you want... but don't force your concepts of God and Religion on those that don't want it.
                They should have the same right you do, and teach their kids what they believe. And many believe gay marriage is good and that gays should have the same right to get married.
                You seem to think I want to force people to go to church or something. Saying all children should be taught God's Will is not forcing people to go to church.

Comment

I never did get all caught up in this religion thing. I thank god everyday i didnt.

but yeah, i agree with mings last post.

i mean, who cares? just be a good person in life.
                  Yes... be a good person. Follow your beliefs, but don't cram them down other people's throats.

I'm a Catholic (by my definition, probably not Ben's, but I don't care what he thinks), and when gays were allowed to get married and did, my marriage to my Wife didn't change a bit. I didn't feel it was "cheapened". NOTHING CHANGED simply because two guys got married. I'm happy that they found their true love. All power to them. Frankly, I would never marry a guy, besides being against my religion, I just don't see the attraction. But I'm not about to cram my beliefs on anybody else. Beliefs are personal, and a choice.
                  So I don't care if people believe differently than I do. That's their right.
                  Keep on Civin'

Comment

• The real question is "why do people have sex", and just to create a child probably wouldn't be the number one answer
                    Wouldn't be mine either.
                    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• but some people would say - no child should be taught gods will. So who's right?

my kids get no exposure to god. i never did i am very happy with the way things are.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0ckney View Post
                        didn't you post a thread this year about how you'd just had sex with a drunk woman?
                        Yes. And that was wrong.

Comment

Saying all children should be taught God's Will is not forcing people to go to church.
                          But which God? The fact that you think it should be your GOD sums it up. So frankly, teaching children your God's will is simply propaganda.
                          Keep on Civin'

Comment

but some people would say - no child should be taught gods will. So who's right?

my kids get no exposure to god. i never did i am very happy with the way things are.
                            I'm pretty sure people who say no children should be taught God's Will are wrong. And you're the one claiming that people should just be good?

Comment

But which God? The fact that you think it should be your GOD sums it up. So frankly, teaching children your God's will is simply propaganda.
                              No. It's not propaganda. It's religion. Not all religion is propaganda. You need to use words correctly.

Comment

• Then why not allow gays to be married. It doesn't effect your personal beliefs or relationships. But all we hear from christians is it shouldn't be allowed, and how it will destroy the concept of marriage... That's Propaganda.
                                Well.. it has. In my case they changed the curriculum in 'social studies' (which is what I teach) up in British Columbia. So that's not really true. It has affected Christian professionals in a negative fashion. They have a Christian university in British Columbia that has had considerable difficulties getting accreditation because they insist that everyone who attends follow a biblical standard of behavior. They are a private college, funded solely by donations.

Then we have the bakers, and other Christians who are trying to earn a living. They are being told that they have to cooperate with it, Kim Davis in KY as well, being told that her participation is required and she sat in jail for it.

Does it affect our public lives? Absolutely. And so Christians are very right to stand up for our own rights, freedom of religious expression. You would think that it was a horrendous violation of justice to arrest people for being gay. And look at where we are now, arresting people who's only 'crime' is to choose not to participate in something that they do not believe.

That being said, it gets back to the question that I asked. "What is the purpose of marriage"? Catholics see it as a sacrament, just like baptism. Baptism has a purpose, as does Marriage, and it's not something that society decides. God has said, "this is what marriage is to be", and it's purpose is to provide for children and for a husband and wife to cleave to one another. That is why we cannot simply stand by and say that it means something very different.
                                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                                2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Working...
                                X