so we'll see
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Main_Brain View Post
      I find that offensive

Spoiler:
      Feel Better now?

thanks i need this

in the past i might have told you that i'm going to copulate with your maternal unit

instead, IMMA PAY HER MORTGAGE BIEETCH
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post
        The reason why strategy games became more and more watered down ...
        when computer games became more and more mainstream, publishers saw it as a good idea to widen the market by making computer games simpler, so that the less intelligent among the populations might get interested in them as well (instead of just the geeks).
        (fortunately there are still games like Dwarf Fortress around )
        It's actually not quite that simple. That was true for a while, but now the market has become so large that its become profitable to develop niche games for sub-markets like hardcore strategy again. The main problem is that they don't generally have the giant budgets, but if you play Dwarf Fortress then good graphics probably shouldn't bother you anyway.

Comment

Here is a list of good things I want to keep from Civ 5:

-City States (though please improve relations better than just how much money you give the).

-The Hex map.

-Civ traits/values which the player can pick.

-The way resources work.

The rest just isn't that good. The tech tree needs beefing up, we need more units to play with and that means 1UPT needs to go, and I would like to return to the fun & fast paced action of civ 4.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

see, i really like the stripped-down version of units in civ: BE.

Civ 5 is actually a decent game with all of the expansions. I don't think that we're going to escape losing features that make the game playable in the initial release.

I'd like to see a map that's on a globe instead of a cylinder. it's almost 2016. get with the program.

I don't like that we've traded road spaghetti for unit meatballs, and i hate building units to just put them out to pasture until war comes along. having a decent sized army loitering around the nation looks bad and is probably unhygienic.
            I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
            [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

OK, but seriously, what changes can they make to Civ to justify a whole new game?
              "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Adding complexity and new graphics is about it.

Comment

Gameplay improvements are largely subjective, but I think objectively technical aspects could be improved upon.

- MP stability
                  - MP matchmaking improvements (built in ladders, tournaments, ratings, etc)
                  - more responsive scrolling, screen changes. The 3d engines used have never been very impressive for their time.
                  - larger worlds (more memory should allow for more game objects, but map sizes haven't increased much)
                  - better and/or quicker AI turns (again, more processing power and memory should allow for at least one or the other, or a bit of both)
                  - better UI, they've always been a bit clunky

Comment

I have seen several different posts by people claiming Civ 6 is being worked on but I haven't seen any official announcements by Firaxis. I wonder why? Are they just not working on it at all or are they trying not to over shadow some other projects? These days it seems like every publisher tries to build buzz by having official forums and developer diaries with little sneak peeks to promote buzz so either Firaxis is doing this old school style or they real aren't working on it.

Hell, even 2k's official Civ 5 forum is over run by spam bots and few posts.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove View Post
                      OK, but seriously, what changes can they make to Civ to justify a whole new game?
                      They can change the contents of their bank account to a higher number.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                        I have seen several different posts by people claiming Civ 6 is being worked on but I haven't seen any official announcements by Firaxis. I wonder why? Are they just not working on it at all or are they trying not to over shadow some other projects? These days it seems like every publisher tries to build buzz by having official forums and developer diaries with little sneak peeks to promote buzz so either Firaxis is doing this old school style or they real aren't working on it.

Hell, even 2k's official Civ 5 forum is over run by spam bots and few posts.
                        Perhaps at the moment it doesn´t make sense for them to officially announce it, because they don´t have to present anything spectacular yet
                        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Originally posted by kentonio View Post
                          It's actually not quite that simple. That was true for a while, but now the market has become so large that its become profitable to develop niche games for sub-markets like hardcore strategy again. The main problem is that they don't generally have the giant budgets, but if you play Dwarf Fortress then good graphics probably shouldn't bother you anyway.
                          Zangband FTW!!!
                          No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post
                            one thing that sucks about the less restrictive rules about posting is that i don't ever feel the excitement anymore of skirting the edge of what is bannable

Aeson is the Kim Jong Un of Apolyton. If you ask him nicely he might ban you for a week.

Comment

I need to earn mine

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
                              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                              X