X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sava View Post
    i'm ready for a globe map, to be honest
    man, a girl can dream.
    Last edited by self biased; December 8, 2015, 19:24.
    I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
    [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post
      actually, i think there should be (better) government weight loss programs

incentive based

not just some ad council bull****
      Tax fat people?
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by kentonio View Post
        I miss the slaver units..
        That was one of my favorite units. You could jump start your own growth and cripple the competition.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

A globe map with irregular tiles would be ballers.
          Graffiti in a public toilet
          Do not require skill or wit
          Among the **** we all are poets
          Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

When I was young, there were a couple meta-stories I told myself while playing civ. One was that I was a time traveler who periodically inserted himself into the past of his civilization to ensure that it stood the test of time. Another, perhaps more prosaic story, was that I was an immortal guiding my civilization from behind the scenes. In either case, one of the conceits of this story is that I have to be able to implement my policies somehow, which must require that my civilization always have some dictatorial component to it. I remember hating Civ 2 Democracy, which could end wars against my wishes. But this played into the story, as far as I was concerned. That is, the real goal of Sid Meier's Civilization is to maintain an iron-fisted grip on your people for all time. Civ 6 (Civ6, Civ VI, CivVI, CiVI...?) should embrace this. The game ends (or you lose) when your civilization achieves political autonomy.
            Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
            "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
              That was one of my favorite units. You could jump start your own growth and cripple the competition.
              Yeah and it really made the early game feel like a very different age.

Comment

Originally posted by kentonio View Post
                I miss the slaver units..
                There was a large array of special units in CtP - lawyers, spies, corporate ****s, tele-evangelists, bio-war mongers, etc. A very cool part of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by onodera View Post
                  @oerdin you can't call every American a redneck, but you can call every Arab a camel jockey. That's the difference, don't be so obtuse.
                  Not all rednecks are American.

Jockeys who ride camels, in camel races, can be described as "camel jockeys" without prejudice.

Comment

Oh, and Oerdin, although I like you in general, you are clearly a racist. I suspect your military past in Iraq has something to do with this, and I recall having an argument with you many years ago about America's role in world history and you having a very propagandised point of view.

Remove yourself from your military propaganda experience - treat it for what it was, a device to get you OK with killing other human beings.

Comment

Gee... I was kind of hoping for a real discussion of Civ VI. But I guess some people don't want that.
                      And people wonder why folks that want to discuss Civ go to other sites...
                      Keep on Civin'
                      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by ricketyclik View Post
                        There was a large array of special units in CtP - lawyers, spies, corporate ****s, tele-evangelists, bio-war mongers, etc. A very cool part of the game.
                        They did resource colonies differently too IIRC. Oh and the satellite stuff was pretty badass in concept at least.

Comment

All I know is that I won't volunteer to be a tester this time around.
                          It really sucked to be disgusted with the game before it even was released.

I would say I hope they learned something from V but I'm betting that they're sitting there thinking, Gee after all the revisions it turned out to be a great game so we should just build on that experience. DOH
                          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Civilization V sold better than Civilization IV so I doubt they consider it a failure.

Comment

Bear in mind that at least something like 75% of players won't ever have completed a full game. What the hardcore fans think is a lot less important than people assume sadly.

Comment

That's is indeed my fear. That we will get more of the same crap because it sold.
                                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                                X