Lethal school . . . stabbing? slashing? fencing? . . . in Sweden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thoth View Post
    I think I may need some more fibre in my diet because as hard as I try I just can't make myself give a **** who the Final Five are.
    [Yoda]That is why you fail [/yoda]
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post
      [Yoda]That is why you fail [/yoda]
      Nah, he's right. The last two seasons of the showed turned on the biggest plot hole the show had: that the human-looking Cylons were faster, stronger, smarter, and all-round better than the humans they looked like, but they couldn't be told from humans in any test. That doesn't even make any sense, but they built the show around that. Pretty much everything after the post-Caprica trials was just boring when it wasn't insulting your intelligence.

It was obvious that their contention that they had a grand plan for the series was a lie. Too bad, because the show had the acting talent and budget to have been good throughout.
      The dogmas of the quiet past, are inadequate to the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty…we will be remembered in spite of ourselves… The fiery trial through which we pass, will light us down, in honor or dishonor, to the last generation… We shall nobly save, or meanly lose, the last best hope of earth.
      - A. Lincoln

Comment

There's always hope for................

It's been more than a decade since a 'Star Trek' TV series aired its last new episode, but Alex Kurtzman is set to change that

Boldly going where it's gone many times before (and will be syndicated for eternity), Star Trek is poised to return to television with a new adventure for the first time since Enterprise wrapped up in May 2005, partially granting a wish that we've had for years.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Alex Kurtzman — a writer and producer on 2009's Star Trek and 2013's Star Trek Into Darkness — plans to double down on his commitment to the franchise, conceiving and executive producing a show that reignites the serialized charm of Gene Roddenbery's original series.

Loosely timed to the franchise's 50th anniversary next fall, Kurtzman's as-yet-untitled new chapter has been picked up straight to series at CBS and is already scheduled for a blow-out television premiere in January 2017. From there, subsequent episodes will air on the network's VOD platform, CBS All Access.

More details about the show are sure to trickle out over the course of the next 14 months, but one thing is already clear: With Justin Lin's Star Trek movie scheduled for July 22nd, 2016, Kurtzman's show in the works and a fourth feature installment of the Chris Pine/Zachary Quinto era already on the books for 2019, the final frontier has plenty of space still waiting to be explored.

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/tv/news/...#ixzz3qMS3e2tH
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Hmmm. We'll see.
          Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
          I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

I thought the reboot movies were boring and generic, though well-acted. I am not hopeful about the series.
            The dogmas of the quiet past, are inadequate to the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty…we will be remembered in spite of ourselves… The fiery trial through which we pass, will light us down, in honor or dishonor, to the last generation… We shall nobly save, or meanly lose, the last best hope of earth.
            - A. Lincoln

Comment

I think they did a good job casting the reboots.
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Just wanna say that this thread is pretty solid evidence that we're terrible people.
                Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                  Just wanna say that this thread is pretty solid evidence that Star Wars fans are terrible people.
                  FTFY
                  Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
                  I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

There is going to be a new Star Trek series on CBS.
                    “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

I hear there's going to be a new Star Trek series on CBS in 2017.
                      - A. Lincoln

Comment

See post #63
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

The reboots were decent movies, but they weren't Star Trek. It's like when you watch a movie based off a book and there is only the character names and a few basic concepts in common.

I assume the new series will follow a similar pattern. Especially since Enterprise already went that route.
                          Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Comment

Originally posted by Garth Vader View Post
                            The reboots were decent movies, but they weren't Star Trek.
                            As Trek they're pretty crappy. Thought of as Star Wars films, they're decent.

I assume the new series will follow a similar pattern. Especially since Enterprise already went that route.
                            Enterprise wasn't great, but it was lightyears better than the horrible dreck known as "Voyager". Vger had exactly 0 likeable characters. 7 of 9's tits were great and all
                            but they didn't make up for the annoying douchebags that made up the rest of the crew.

Comment

Originally posted by Thoth View Post
                              ... Vger had exactly 0 likeable characters....
                              The Holodoc

Please state the nature of your medical emergency
                              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post
                                The Holodoc

Please state the nature of your medical emergency

Comment

Working...
                                X