No announcement yet.

Moral outrage and the U.S. Civil War

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, i've gone after him a few times, but no different than doing it with a friend in a bar after a few drinks.
    At the end of the day I'd still want to have another drink with him.

He would be missed.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• yes
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Heck I want to wring Sava's neck every now and then but I'd still want to have a drink with him any time.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• BOOMSHAKALAKA
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Or a doob
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aeson View Post
                I wanted to take some time and think about what happened here before responding further on the more serious topic. I'd just like to say I think Imran is a good person, and someone who's given a lot to Apolyton both as a poster and while on staff. The games played on this forum can get a bit intense, and Imran and I have gone at it before. I'm sorry things got too personal this time, that was never my intent.

It did get too personal and I was dragged into that muck as well. I apologize for my part in it and when I (think) I realized what I was doing and tried to pull up, it was too late. I think this place just isn't good for my soul anymore. So I'm going to take a long break. I may still lurk from time to time, but I don't think I can take or give the personal attacks based on random discussions.

This is analogous to what I'm thinking (in a humorous way):

(Oh, and rah, if this language was ever used in bar conversations, the person and I would no longer be friends - one of things I realized is that I would NEVER talk to someone like this face to face and that horrified me)
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• I think aeson said something that imran can listen to.
                  because we all get pissed on time or another and run our mouths, without this meaning something else.

I'll make another point with all due respect in what concerned kentonio and aeson.

Sometimes people who have some sort of power (like aeson has amongst us mere mortal posters, a miniscule but he has it) anyway, sometimes it's not easy to realize how that might come across.

Not saying and not blaming but just saying.

--------
                  x-post

Comment

• (Oh, and rah, if this language was ever used in bar conversations, the person and I would no longer be friends - one of things I realized is that I would NEVER talk to someone like this face to face and that horrified me)
                    I wasn't referring to the specific language used but more the general argument concept. Yes, even I usually don't get that drunk anymore.
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• I find that periodic breaks do wonders for my sense of perspective. And social skills outside of Poly as well. Good luck, Imran.
                      1011 1100
                      Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

• Wow, NICE MOBIUS* goes on holiday and everyone gets all nasty with each other.

Take a chill pill dudes and be nice - you know it makes sense.

*This is NICE MOBIUS, but Tapatalk doesn't seem to tell the difference and I'm too lazy to figure it out - because I'm on holiday...

I blame myself you know. I didn't post my customary leaving forever thread and you guys didn't realise you were missing my niceness mojo

Sorry guys!

PS, having a great time in Euskadi Herria...

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk
                        "Aha, you must have supported the Iraq war and wear underpants made out of firearms, just like every other American!" Loinburger

Comment

• Forced labor = slave labor. It's well established that in many parts of Asia, Africa and South America people are deliberately coerced, physically or economically to work in sweatshops, housed in conditions that would have made a Mississippi planter blush under conditions where the wage does actually pay for the necessities of life so the enslavement deepens week by week.
                          "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                            What is wrong with you? Have you always been this odious of a person and we didn't realize or is this new?
                            No, it isnt new. It's just usually buried in such massive walls of text that most people dont engage enough to see it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aeson View Post
                              Again, the "slavery wasn't that bad" crowd avoiding a direct question. Such intellectual dishonesty and cowardice

It's a common theme with Imran on other subjects, don't worry. Not just a flailing "I gotta fit in with inbred redneck retards in Georgia" bit.
                              Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Working...
                              X