No announcement yet.

STILL ALIVE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That black nail is my favourite! It does not change, it just is. Does not even hurt! The one on the left though, that needs to come off soon or I will puncture it myself. Seriously, the pressure is so bad I can´t fit my sneaker on my left foot. And I need to put my sneakers on for the next 100km because my trekking shoes are killing my ankles. So I would rather risk my knees than my ankles because I can control my knee damage better (I feel it immediately) whereas my ankles I can go on for a day and scream in fear seeing black feet.

Oregon, YES! It is so nice. I know it rains, but it rains a lot in here too, except we never get sun, and the snow seems like history as well so it is just dark, cold and wet. And windy. This summer, just rain rain and rain. And yeah the houses were very reasonably priced. My house goes for 400k euros. I will not sell it though because I cannot get a better loan, I do not pay margin so it is really cheap. Heating, electricity, garbage, internet and everything is 200 euros per month so I pay 1200 a month for a big house. The biggest deal for me with Oregon (and probably US) is the people. It is diverse, open and social. You might say yeah wait until the honeymoon is over but be here for a few years and you know what I mean. It is so easy to talk to people in Portland, so much things to do and see, so much possibilities to do outdoor sports, hey, when I got to TSA I wondered what the big deal is, this si everyday Finland with the exception that these guys are a bit older and courteous. I get it that they might not be so nice at other places. Maybe Portland is an exception but I will take that. Hiking, fishing, Mt. Hood, Pacific Ocean... I do not need any more reasons. I live in a dark, bottomless frozen hell where everything is more expensive and the people most often suck.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

I will make it a reality though. I will buy a houes. I have looked at pearl district already, maybe Sellwood, but maybe a bigger place beyond downtown area as well. I have to see my financial situation before making the move.

Not sure about this walking dream anymore. It was more like a long hike dream. This is hell. 3 days and minimum of 100km of a straight road. REst one day, repeat. A gas station once a day. It will get better after 150 more km though... (that is 100 miles). Places to see, people to talk to. I already have stories, but mostly about mosquitoes and injuries and pain. However, I am getting call from papers. Local papers and news media are interested and want interviews, I have given 2 and 1 is calling me today. They will see me in my next rest area, it is a bigger news media outlet so that will be cool. I am confident that we will be able to hit most of the local papers within the next week and when closing in the finish line, we will definitely hit national news. But at the moment, I am very much done walking. So tomorrow we continue. another 40km, than another 40. That is only 50 miles. But the same damn asphalt I have been doing for 10 days now. I am starting to hate this road.
      In da butt.
      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
      THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
      "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Climate wise the best part of Oregon is Brookings but there is hardly anything there and certainly not any jobs. Portland is interesting but in many ways a throw back for me. Like visiting another time in the past. Still, housing is dirt cheap and the economy is relatively good.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Portland housing cheap??? Not last time I checked. You must be comparing it to California.

I haven't been to Portland in about 8 years, but I really loved it when I visited. Beautiful surroundings, great food scene, plenty to do, and lots of old hippies.
          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Should we tell Rah that Portland is also known for its strippers?

Pekka is comparing prices to both California and Finland. In any case, if I were going to Portland, I would buy in the Pearl district or downtown.
            “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Should we tell Rah that Portland is also known for its strippers?
              Didn't know that. (or are you just yanking my chain?)
              I haven't been there since the mid 70's and I don't think it was the case back then. .
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

From the Wikipedia entry for Portland, Oregon

Strong free speech protections of the Oregon Constitution upheld by the Oregon Supreme Court in State v. Henry, 732 P.2d 9 (Or. 1987) specifically found that full nudity and lap dances in strip clubs are protected speech.[174] Portland has the highest number of strip clubs per-capita in a city in the United States, and Oregon ranks as the highest state for per-capita strip clubs.[175]
                “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

Comment

Originally posted by pchang View Post
                  [...]found that full nudity and lap dances in strip clubs are protected speech.[...]
                  Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Maybe it's time to visit the coast again.

Yeah, that wording is pretty hilarious.
                    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

It has god-awful traffic.

Comment

Congratulations on still being alive

Comment

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
                          As compared to the DC metro area?

Comment

Pekka:

On your next walk simply whip out your penis for the journey while singing manly Finnish songs and howl into the wind.
                            Order of the Fly
                            Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Originally posted by pchang View Post
                              As compared to the DC metro area?
                              My commute is 20 minutes each way thanks to the new HOT lanes. It rules.

Comment

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
                                Like Seattle the road system was designed by a blind epileptic.
                                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
                                X