The Ashes: Let's get the party started

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *statisticians dive for the record books*
    Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

• I can't say I was expecting England to be 2:1 up in this series. Australia's much-lauded batsmen look seriously vulnerable to swinging and seaming balls.

Having said that, I really can't see England winning any more in this series without Anderson.

****ing Lyth.
      The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

• i think it depends on which australia turns up for the 4th test. morale must be pretty low right now and the pressure is all on them.
        "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

• Originally posted by Bugs ****ing Bunny View Post
          I can't say I was expecting England to be 2:1 up in this series. Australia's much-lauded batsmen look seriously vulnerable to swinging and seaming balls.
          I'm afraid to say I'm not surprised. Looks like we sent a cocky under-prepared team to England.
          Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

• Oh God. They've called up Liam Plunkett regardless of the fact that he's been struggling with injuries and sporting a bowling average of 37 at County level this season.

Comment

• Oh. My. God.

I'm only following this on the BBC website text updates, but I've still had to go for a little walk to calm down.

Comment

• This is a massacre. Australia are being torn apart out there.

Comment

• Once someone gets to 3, why bother watching the remaining games? Do ratings drop off?
                  “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• This is The Ashes. Every match matters, regardless of the numbers and statistics.

Comment

• Speaking of stats, Australia's innings was the shortest opening innings in Test history- the only time a team has opened the batting and been fielding before lunch. Broad's bowling was the joint-fastest "five for" in Ashes history and the third-best bowling performance in Ashes history (only passed by the two innings in Jim Laker's 1953 miracle).

Quite a day.
                      Last edited by Bugs ****ing Bunny; August 6, 2015, 12:31.

Comment

• England finish the day 214 runs ahead with six wickets in hand. So either England win the Ashes, or we get to see the greatest fightback in Test history.

Comment

• Man, this is even longer than the NBA finals, so it must be too long.
                          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• This is awful

I can't get the Ashes on TV, now I'm glad.

Comment

• Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

• australia started their second innings really well and i thought we might see a real fightback, but now it looks like it's all over bar the shouting.
                                "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Working...
                                X