The Ashes: Let's get the party started

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was having a Michael Clarke moment
    Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

I'm having another Lyth moment.
      The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

That was crap. Roll on the third test, preferably without Lyth and with a proper number 3.

Sub-topic- what was with Rogers and his fit of the vapours?

Comment

someone tweeted him Bogan Aussie's commentary
          Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

Woo Hoo! Only 3 more weeks to go!
            “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

England changes for the next test-

Ballance dropped. This is good.
              Bell up to three. Yep, that's my preference.
              Bairstow in. Crap. The most boring and conservative selection possible, and he stank in the last Ashes.

Comment

if England is solid at the top of the order they will have a better chance
                Last edited by Alexander's Horse; July 21, 2015, 20:41.

Comment

So getting another 12 runs from Lyth will be a match-winner.

Comment

every run helps the total...

Comment

Won't dropping ballance make it harder to remain standing and to walk/run, thus hurting their chances?
                      Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Whereas having Wood and Root causes similar problems.
                        One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Is this over yet?
                          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

40% over, so sit back and enjoy.

Comment

Their primitive civilisation has not yet discovered cricket...

Odd the Canadians never took up cricket, too cold perhaps, do they have a summer?

Maybe their summer is too short, poor things...no rugby either.

I like Canadians but not playing our games, which are one of the finest parts of the common heritage, has always made them a bit suspect in the eyes of the other dominions. Do they play netball?

I don't know how you can be British and not play cricket, even the wretched South African Boers manage it.
                              Last edited by Alexander's Horse; July 23, 2015, 19:23.

Comment

Cricket is an elitist game from the Victorian Era. It rubs in the faces of the less well off, that rich ne'er do wells did not have to work for days on end. It amazes me that there are still Bourgeoise today who still haven't recognized it and are still fans of the game.
                                “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Working...
                                X