No announcement yet.

The Ashes: Let's get the party started

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This one good too - warning some commentary could be construed as racist.

Last edited by Alexander's Horse; June 29, 2015, 08:36.
    Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

This bloke makes bogans look well spoken.

It was funny though. Great send up.

Comment

Yay, bogans!

I was friends with a lot of the NZ bogan tribe when I lived there - I even owned an old modded Holden Torana S for a while...
        "Aha, you must have supported the Iraq war and wear underpants made out of firearms, just like every other American!" Loinburger

Comment

we are never going to hear the end of that Torana are we...
          Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

I understand some of the words in this thread
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

check out the bogan vids

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse View Post
                we are never going to hear the end of that Torana are we...
                Nope!
                Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Sava should check out those fake commentaries before some mod sees them.

Sadly they sound just like me and my old school mates talking in the crowd...
                  Last edited by Alexander's Horse; June 29, 2015, 10:16.

Comment

I can't see England winning this series. They might be coming in off the back of decent results against WI and NZ, but here are the problems-

1- They're green. Only two players are over 30, and only just over 30 at that. While that's a pretty good thing in the long run, they look like a team in transition right now. By comparison, Australia could be called "a trifle ancient", but they're a team of battle hardened warriors. In three years time England could be contenders, but not now.

2- Take a look at the openers, the middle order, the pace bowlers and the spinners. Australia will have the edge in every category, unless the atmospheric conditions favour swing- in which case Anderson will start blazing. However the fact that Finn is still in the squad highlights just how thin the talent is stretched. For the spinners Moeen Ali has performed better than I could every have imagined, but he's still not in Lyon's league.

3- Australia's batting is so far ahead that it's kind of funny. Smith's average is pushing 53, Warner is going to be out to punish, and the England survivors of the last Ashes are probably still having nightmares about Haddin. For England, Root and Stokes have done really well, but Cook's not confirmed as being back in form, Broad's batting has been a disaster due to psychological issues following his accident last year, and both Ballance and Bell have been crap recently.

4- Kevin ****ing Pietersen will spend the entire tour *****ing and whining, and general unsettling the actual England squad.
                    The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

5- They're English.

Comment

Only a few of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Bugs ****ing Bunny View Post
                          Only a few of them.
                          Pity Pieterson isn't playing. The player we love to hate.

Comment

Originally posted by I AM MOBIUS View Post
                            Yay, bogans!

I was friends with a lot of the NZ bogan tribe when I lived there - I even owned an old modded Holden Torana S for a while...

NZ bogans

Aussie bogans

Comment

I disagree. Nobody likes a Bogan.
                              “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Monty Panesar has been declared unavailable to to off-field alcohol addiction which they're describing as "issues".

Essex head coach Paul Grayson says spinner Monty Panesar is unavailable for selection because of off-field "issues".

Comment

Working...
                                X