The US War on Blacks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rah View Post
    I'm guessing it's a generational thing. The younger generation never actually heard a cash register being rung up. Us older folks associate it with money.
    I never knew anyone considered it racist till Aeson mentioned it. And honestly he's the only one that I've heard ever say that.
    It was an absurd joke.

Comment

• Originally posted by DaShi View Post
      Ben's banned!
      It is a nice feeling, isn't it?
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by N35t0r View Post
        ... ) I like how dadly knives and baseball bats are...
        I never realized you had such a rough childhood...
        Was your dad black?
        There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
          Feels like just an excuse to ban ben, who everyone hates anyway for other reasons. I'm not sure I even have a problem with it, as long as we're honest about it.
          If I really was looking for an excuse to get rid of Ben ... it would have been permanent. (Last time even.) And there had been plenty of opportunities before that.

Comment

• So... Toronto (2.6 million) has a substantial black population, and has had 23 murders this year. Chicago (2.7 million)has a substantial black population, and has 189 murders this year.
            Blackhawks won - the Leafs suck. I don't think that is the reason... anyone want to take a shot at what I think the real difference is? If you rifle through my past posts, I bet you'll be right on target.
            There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• Tried to edit above to correct current Chicago murder rate and was unable to. The current total number is 203 killed this year (189 was earlier this month).

Comment

I think I've said similar things on this forum, though maybe less strenuously. I don't like Ben but I don't think this is banworthy.

I don't really see how you can read this as racist. Does anyone really dispute that most violent crime against blacks is committed by other blacks? That's factual. The reasons can be disputed but it's still true.
                "any white person"

The game Ben chooses to play means he has no room for error. Ben was specifically warned about pushing issues like this when he returned, and what would happen if he slipped up. He chose to walk a tightrope so he could continue pissing on the spirit of site rules, pissing on the community in general, and disrespecting the staff by causing them constant problems. The eventuality of such actions was spelled out for him. That eventuality unsurprisingly occurred.

Comment

• I wonder what DanQ thinks about this whole situation?
                  Order of the Fly
                  Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aeson View Post
                    "any white person"

The game Ben chooses to play means he has no room for error. Ben was specifically warned about pushing issues like this when he returned, and what would happen if he slipped up. He chose to walk a tightrope so he could continue pissing on the spirit of site rules, pissing on the community in general, and disrespecting the staff by causing them constant problems. The eventuality of such actions was spelled out for him. That eventuality unsurprisingly occurred.
                    OK, fair enough. I don't read any of his posts so I'm not really aware of the trend--I only read that one because it was the one he apparently got banned for.
                    If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                    ){ :|:& };:

Comment

• That's a great post, Aeson. Very much clarifies your POV as site owner.

The now-oft-quoted Ben post is a good example of the kind of coded/twisted language he used to convince himself he was within the letter of the rules. Note, for instance, the lack of the word "black" in that post. Poor guy is compulsive about posting in an environment that is obviously toxic for him, despite never convincing anyone of, well, anything.

Bummer about the slow-draft fantasy football league. No doubt he's plotting how to play without posting.
                      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I think I've said similar things on this forum, though maybe less strenuously. I don't like Ben but I don't think this is banworthy.

I don't really see how you can read this as racist. Does anyone really dispute that most violent crime against blacks is committed by other blacks? That's factual. The reasons can be disputed but it's still true.
                        Somebody just got accused of racism and banned for saying that

That's the problem in Chicago. It's not poverty - it's not population density. It's not guns. It's the culture of one specific subset of the population that prefers to engage in violence. The biggest victims aren't white folks, or even black folks from white folks - but other black folks! A black man has far more to fear from another black person than they do from any white person. Far more likely to be assaulted, killed, etc.
                        Yup, he said the same thing and he got banned

And Mobius, stfu... He said a segment of the population that prefers to engage in violence is the greatest threat to black folk in Chicago. He didn't say blacks are violent. You effing reading this Aeson?

Comment

• I understand Ben is on a short leash and should be avoiding topics like this as a matter of course or a matter of pre warned moderation. The overall tenor of his participation on the board is jut as important as any particular post.

But what he said in this specific instance was not racist in the slightest. I would like to hear you admit that Aeson.
                          "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

• Originally posted by Patroklos View Post
                            I understand Ben is on a short leash and should be avoiding topics like this as a matter of course or a matter of pre warned moderation. The overall tenor of his participation on the board is jut as important as any particular post.

But what he said in this specific instance was not racist in the slightest. I would like to hear you admit that Aeson.
                            Why would he admit something that isn't true?

Comment

The fact that you don't see why what he said is racist, says more about how you see the importance of the race discussion than it does about the weight of Ben's words. Yes there is a disproportionate amount of black on black crime. Why do you think that is? Do you think that blacks are just more genetically predisposed to commit violence than whites?

I don't think for a second that you think that, because you're not a racist, and what's more the question is obviously a ridiculous and stupid one. So why is it higher? Is it because black people have an inferior culture that leads to higher rates of violence? Again I'd assume you'd also think that was a stupid and offensive question, because it is.

That right there is the difference between you and Ben, because he quite openly accepts at least one of those questions as true rather than stupid, racist and offensive.

What annoys me about you, is that you don't do the simple mental calculations that would make the race problem in America blindly obvious to you, like it is to most other people. There aren't any huge confusing questions over why there is a racial divide in the US, the reasons are obvious to anyone who has ever taken the time to open a history book.

Comment

• Originally posted by Berzerker View Post
                                And Mobius, stfu... He said a segment of the population that prefers to engage in violence is the greatest threat to black folk in Chicago. He didn't say blacks are violent. You effing reading this Aeson?
                                Yes, Berz, yes he did say blacks are violent. He didn't say 'blacks are violent', instead he said:

It's the culture of one specific subset of the population that prefers to engage in violence.
                                Be under no illusion that that culture and specific subset of the population he is referring to are blacks.

Maybe you've not been paying attention to this thread, or the build up of posts to where Ben finally crossed the line?

Maybe you missed the interplay where Ben maybe thought he had an ally in MWHC and was encouraged to do so...?

Maybe you missed his stance on blacks basically deserving what they got from the police in Ferguson?

Maybe you missed his extreme negative attitude to blacks because he claims to have been mugged by blacks?

So yes, at the end of the day, he was saying that blacks are violent, which is an extremely racist thing to say!

And you, Patroklos and Reg Collider are defending him for it...
                                "Aha, you must have supported the Iraq war and wear underpants made out of firearms, just like every other American!" Loinburger

Comment

Working...
                                X