Rebaptism: What is your position?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by giblets View Post
    If the orthodox churches are so great why is everyone in Russia going to hell?

x-post
    Oerdin can probably provide a better answer to this than I can
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
      I might have to
      If you ever wanna come to Chicago, I'd take you to mine
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post
        If you ever wanna come to Chicago, I'd take you to mine
        Thanks. I might be.
        I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
        - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

you'd be welcome too

we don't discriminate against gingers

somewhat to my chagrin
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by AAHZ View Post
            Reading the BiBle is against my religion.
            That´s a pity ... it contains loads of sex, crime and violence

Originally posted by The Mad Monk View Post
            Our church didn't have a rebaptism, but it did have a confirmation (or something like that) for for new members and children who had grown up in the church and were ready to join as adult members. Sort of like a baptism without the water.
            Likewise for the protestant churches here in germany
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

I believe in reionization. Not so sure about rebaptism.
              Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
              "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

My church is opposed to it, but I believe in it.
                Go join a Mennonite church. Oops, Mennonites are Trinitarian, so they won't be acceptable either.

My position - "one baptism for the forgiveness of sins" in the Nicene Creed. You can't rebaptise like you cannot remarry. You don't get a do-over on sacraments.
                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Kid, if you've been baptised, the Orthodox won't baptise you again.
                  Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                  "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

Then what the hell happened in MBFGW?

Comment

Then what the hell happened in MBFGW?
                      Idiot scriptwriters?

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                        Go join a Mennonite church. Oops, Mennonites are Trinitarian, so they won't be acceptable either.

My position - "one baptism for the forgiveness of sins" in the Nicene Creed. You can't rebaptise like you cannot remarry. You don't get a do-over on sacraments.
                        A do over?!

I'm not going to accept your word regarding Mennonites. I'm sure they are much more accepting than you.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                          Kid, if you've been baptised, the Orthodox won't baptise you again.
                          So you're discrediting one of the only two people who agree with you regarding catholic creeds?

Comment

Originally posted by giblets View Post
                            Ephesians 4:5
                            One Lord, one faith, one baptism,
                            Let's get together and feel all right.
                            “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post
                              Oerdin can probably provide a better answer to this than I can
                              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

The Bible makes quite clear there is only one baptism - in the Acts and letters. Saint Paul has a lot to say about it.

Some fringe churches have interpreted that to mean their baptism is the only baptism - but that seems to be more about trying to bind their members to that particular church in many cases. The same churches tend to say they are always right and everyone else is going hell, which is ridiculous and in fact blahsphemous - you will know them by their works.
                                Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Working...
                                X