No announcement yet.

Could you become a Catholic Preist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't be a roman catholic priest, I've got 2 kids with my last name as proof that I've been married and sexually active. DNA tests would confirm it if you insist. Also I'm an unrepentant Anglican.
    "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

• none of those things rule you out Doc

they have allowed married high church Anglican priests to come over I believe in the UK

You can also have been married and have children. My last P.P. had a large family - his wife had passed away.

You can also become a monk without taking permanent vows - my cousin does it - he has poor health, asthma and other chronic illnesses he has had since childhood, so when his work as a solicitor becomes too much he goes to Belgium or France, I forget which, and joins a monastery. He has been doing it for years. His health conditions prevent him taking permanent vows I think he told me but they welcome him. He comes and goes. He may be still a monk when he is at home. I haven't asked him.

I think "monk" actually became a monk somewhere in Scandinavia years ago. I certainly once met a young man on the way to do that, in Finland. I didn't think much about it at the time, seemed like a normal guy.
      Last edited by Alexander's Horse; May 13, 2015, 06:29.
      Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Working...
      X