No announcement yet.

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

She might be weirded out by whatever weird-ass variety of TH you believe in, too. Or any other aspect of your general weirdness; if that's a deal-breaker, why postpone the inevitable? Hiding your nature from a person you seek to date is unwise, and most intelligent people enjoy Catan. I brought it up because my class today spent a period playing Catan (long story). The class was about fifty percent attractive girls, and they were both enthusiastic and merciless.
    1011 1100
    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Catan is great, played my first game of it awhile back.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
        She might be weirded out by whatever weird-ass variety of TH you believe in, too. Or any other aspect of your general weirdness; if that's a deal-breaker, why postpone the inevitable? Hiding your nature from a person you seek to date is unwise, and most intelligent people enjoy Catan. I brought it up because my class today spent a period playing Catan (long story). The class was about fifty percent attractive girls, and they were both enthusiastic and merciless.
        Anyone who's not going to be okay with my weirdness is not going to be someone I can get along with long-term, yes. My concern is more that I don't want to overwhelm people with my weirdness all at once. Like, we've been talking for a few months now, but our conversation on Tuesday was the first time I explicitly mentioned the fact that 12 years ago I had a bunch of crazy revelations that shaped who I am. And that's about all I said, because I didn't want to overwhelm her. Beginning social interaction with, "Hi I'm Lori and I believe in a wacky blend of panpsychism, transhumanism, and nihilism that provides me with a strong opinion on virtually every subject!" is just not going to be conducive to further interaction. I'm not trying to hide who I am so much as I'm trying to get her used to the idea of me.
        Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

I like going for walks on dates.

Comment

I always though you needed 3 people to play Catan... Or would you ask her if she's interested in a threesome?
            There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Pretty sure there's a two-player rules variant for Catan, but I'd be inviting her to come play games with me and my friends. She was somewhat clear on the fact that we're not going to start dating now and that we should try being friends first. I'm not altogether certain if that means she wants to move slowly or if she's just not interested, but I'm going to act on the assumption that she's interested in me in some way based on her vaguely positive responses to me.
              "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                Also, am I on like a timetable here? She gave me her number and told me to call her so we could hang out. If I don't call her within X hours, does something bad happen?
                Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                  Anyone who's not going to be okay with my weirdness is not going to be someone I can get along with long-term, yes. My concern is more that I don't want to overwhelm people with my weirdness all at once. Like, we've been talking for a few months now, but our conversation on Tuesday was the first time I explicitly mentioned the fact that 12 years ago I had a bunch of crazy revelations that shaped who I am. And that's about all I said, because I didn't want to overwhelm her. Beginning social interaction with, "Hi I'm Lori and I believe in a wacky blend of panpsychism, transhumanism, and nihilism that provides me with a strong opinion on virtually every subject!" is just not going to be conducive to further interaction. I'm not trying to hide who I am so much as I'm trying to get her used to the idea of me.

The idea is not to make her partake to all your personal stuff (yet) but to just have fun show her a good time and have a good time too.

Comment

Originally posted by Bereta_Eder View Post
                    Yes.
                    Well ****.

Comment

Look at it another way, she may realize your issues in this area and that's why she said it's just being friends at first. TO take the pressure off of you.
                      IF she is that perceptive and accommodating, she could be a winner.

So yeah, take it easy and enjoy it.
                      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Also, if you spend too much time asking us to micromanage your romantic life--and then poking holes in our advice--you will wake up one morning and find you've quit your job to join the Marines.

Srsly, there's nothing terribly creepy about liking Catan these days. Lots of well-adjusted people do it. My wife's aunt and uncle have played it with their kids, and they're, uh, not exactly into nerd culture.
                        1011 1100
                        Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Also, she might get to ask you if you have wood
                          Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Also, if you spend too much time asking us to micromanage your romantic life--and then poking holes in our advice--you will wake up one morning and find you've quit your job to join the Marines.
                            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by N35t0r View Post
                              Also, she might get to ask you if you have wood
                              And the proper response to this question with a woman you like is ALWAYS, "for you, darling, I got more than enough wood"
                              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                                ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Working...
                                X