No announcement yet.

Which country would you rather live in?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which country would you rather live in?

If you were both black and gay:

Russia or USA?
    Russia
    0.00%
    USA
    63.16%
    Anywhere but Yankeestan/Russiastan
    21.05%
    The Republic of Bananastan
    15.79%
    Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
    I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

It's like asking "would you prefer we raped your mother or shot your father". No win.
    "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

(USA+Russia)/2

Otherwise known as Canada.

JM
      Jon Miller-
      I AM.CANADIAN
      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Russia is probably more racist than the USA, and a lot more homophobic.

Comment

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

Juldas Okie Etoumbi, a postgraduate international relations student at Moscow's RUDN university, remembers well his first encounter with a Russian.

Standing in a Moscow Metro carriage for the first time, the young Gabonese man was thrown forward when the train started with a jolt and he grabbed a pole to keep his balance, brushing the Russian man's hand.

Without a word, the Russian withdrew his hand, produced a handkerchief and proceeded to wipe it demonstratively in front of the other passengers.

Christian, a former electrical engineering student from Cameroon now working in Moscow, was recently assaulted by a group of about 10 teenagers on a Metro train in the city centre.

Struck by a bottle on the head, he fell in a pool of blood. The driver kept the carriage doors shut at the next station and police caught three of the gang, but Christian thinks no action was taken.

When Somali civil engineering student Mukhtar Ahmed Osman was beaten unconscious in the snow by a gang of teenagers in a Moscow suburb, nobody came to his aid.

While much of the violence seems to be purely racist, some believe Africans are also targeted as scapegoats for Russian society's ills and the media is often accused of fostering an image of African students as drug-dealers.

The attacks have turned murderous in recent years. In St Petersburg, three Africans have been killed in suspected race attacks since September.

Non-African foreign students have also been murdered, but it is the black students who attract most attention from the racists.

Juldas, now leader of the African students at RUDN, says "monkey" insults and actual assaults are so frequent that students have ceased reporting them.

"We see it as normal now because that's how we live."

Comment

USA USA!
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by MRT144 View Post
              It's like asking "would you prefer we raped your mother or shot your father". No win.
              USA seems like a pretty big win, if you're actually being honest.
              If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
              ){ :|:& };:

Comment

A gay black dude in San Francisco is not in any danger from anyone.

Comment

A gay black dude somewhere in the middle of Siberia is also probably not in any danger from anyone.
                  Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                  "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Russian motorists remind me of Mad Max movies

Comment

oh yeah, the colony of Bananastan

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                        A gay black dude somewhere in the middle of Siberia is also probably not in any danger from anyone.
                        Except exposure, particularly due to lack of basic services such as clean water, functioning police, hospitals, electricity....
                        If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                        ){ :|:& };:

Comment

yup, just saw a news blurb linking Vit D deficiency due to low sunlight with pancreatic cancer
                          living near the equator makes you ~1/6th less likely to get it

course if you got light skin your odds of skin cancer rise too

looks downright evolutionary

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                            Except exposure, particularly due to lack of basic services such as clean water, functioning police, hospitals, electricity....
                            Exposure is not a person.
                            Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                            "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Yeah I suppose gay people are safe in the ****ing desert of Saudi Arabia too but let's restrict our notion of "living in" countries to living in places where people actually live in those countries. ****ty small rural bumpkin towns in Siberia are probably the last place I'd want to be as a gay black man.

Comment

Working...
                              X