No announcement yet.

Don't buy Elite: Dangerous

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry it was first encounters so elite 3 (not elite 2) and I played it on the PC.
    Hm.. maybe there was a workaround about the autopilot

Comment

Originally posted by Braindead View Post
      Such a game is ideal for teaching a young man the virtue of patience. After all, something eventually happens, if you wait long enough.

Anyway I have lavished a thanks on HC for the warning.
      Yes, usually a blue screen of death
      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Bug***ing Bunny View Post
        It's shocking that the space combat genre has been so neglected. The original TIE Fighter has still never been bettered.
        I lost a significant amount of sleep because of TIE Fighter. One of the few games that I purchased more than one disc.
        Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

It was great. The depth of gameplay was glorious, and it was made with so much love.
          The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

I have extremely fond memories of the X-Wing/TIE Fighter series and would definitely buy it if they came out with a new version.
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
              In all my hundreds of flight sim hours I'm pretty sure I never actually flew from one city to another, or even one airport to another, unless the airports were in the same city (LaGuardia to JFK for instance). I only ever did landings and takeoffs under different kinds of weather conditions and using different airplanes. You know, the part of flying that isn't just watching time tick by.
              For me it´s the contrary ...
              in Microsoft Flight Simulator 2000, 2004 and X I always started with a cold & dark cockpit (I should add that I almost always used commercial airliner addons that simulated almost all systems (for example from the MD-83 and the Boeing 777), meaning that it took 10+ minutes to start up the plane) and flew all the way from start to target airport, including taxiing to and from the runway.

On the other hand I never flew all too long distances ... most of the times distances that could be covered within an hour (for example Cologne or Düsseldorf to Zürich (and retour)) ... and thanks to the FMS also being simulated, most of the flight was done by computer, with me only having a busy time during starting/ascent and descent/landing
              (the only time ever that I did something longer, i.e. a transatlantic flight with a Concorde (just with the stock one included in FS 2004 however, not an addon) turned into a catastrophe, thanks to the fact that I misjudged the distance I could cover with the fuel on board )

As for Elite: Dangeorus ... I like it ... especially due to the fact that it successfully tries to give us the whole Milky Way as playground ... with many named nebulae, stars and planets being where you would expect them
              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

I also did my fair share of 9/11 re-enactments, mostly in Chicago because that's where the default airport was. The Sears Tower bore the brunt of my fury. I think that Flight Sim would sell better if it did more than just stop dead and say "CRASHED!" and instead had horrible explosions and burning buildings and such.
                If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Right now docking at Asher Gateway
                  Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                  GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

oh...suits you, sir.
                    "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Originally posted by Bugs ****ing Bunny View Post
                      It's shocking that the space combat genre has been so neglected. The original TIE Fighter has still never been bettered.
                      The best non-strategy game I've ever played, hands down.
                      Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov View Post
                        The best non-strategy game I've ever played, hands down.
                        Someone clearly never played Speedball 2 or Dungeon Master.

Comment

I've played both of those, and TIE Fighter was better.
                          The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Lies.

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                              I also did my fair share of 9/11 re-enactments, mostly in Chicago because that's where the default airport was. The Sears Tower bore the brunt of my fury. I think that Flight Sim would sell better if it did more than just stop dead and say "CRASHED!" and instead had horrible explosions and burning buildings and such.
                              I can't remember the FS version, but the one i played for a while at a friends' did that for large airliners, but showed you a crash for the smaller planes, so we competed for who could make debris take the langest to fall back (it was mostly a wheel).
                              Indifference is Bliss

Comment

HC called it "Sears Tower"
                                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                                X