Hands Up, Don't Shoot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DinoDoc View Post
    At this point, what difference does it make if Brown's friend lied to the police? Officer Wilson isn't going to get his job back and absolutely no one is going to apologize to him for calling him a racist murderer.
    We should at least expect Eric Holder to apologize. That's his job.

I won't hold my breath.

J

Comment

Ummmm, since when, exactly, is that the Attorney General's job?
      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

kentonio can't speak for black people. He only speaks for idiots.
        I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
        - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
          We should at least expect Eric Holder to apologize. That's his job.

I won't hold my breath.

J
          He already apologized to the false accusers.

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
            Ummmm, since when, exactly, is that the Attorney General's job?
            Since DoJ was tasked to write the official report.

J

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
              I know I am sick of being called racist when I am not.

Since you are appointed to speak for all black people, I will take the rest under advisement. Nice promotion.

J
              Who called you a racist? I certainly didn't. I was talkimg about sections of the Republican party, and you're an 'independant' remember? Or have we dropped that facade now?

Comment

Oh and incidentally statement beginning with 'I think' and based on reading and listening to lots of actual black peoples opinions on the matter, does not quality as an attempt to 'speak for all black people'. It's also beneath you to come out with that crap.

Comment

a bunch of people decided Wilson was guilty of a crime based on his skin color

Comment

Hardly surprising when you look at it as just a single incident in a much, much larger picture.

Comment

When was the last time you were in the US kentonio?

Comment

A man was attacked by a street thug who tried to get his gun. Then he was falsely accused. An angry mob believed the accusation. Our government apologized to the angry mob but not the man. And kentonio couldn't care less.

Comment

Once again you miss the larger picture.

Comment

Your mental illness?

Comment

Look if you view incidents like this in isolation, you'll continually miss the point. If this had been a cop shooting someone in a district where there wasn't already a long running mistrust of the police due to racial discrimination and bad police policy then there wouldn't have been this whole outcry. Ferguson has a terrible record of race relations, so this one spark ignited a much larger fire.

To say the equivalent of 'See, it was all about nothing' because this one incident turned out to probably be a justified shooting ignores the years of malpractice that created the tinder box in the first place. People didn't march because this one guy got shot by the police, they marched because for years they've felt like they've been treated like second class citizens by a police force and society that judges them on their race. This is the point where either those problems can finally be confronted and resolved, or it can all be swept back under the carpet and the riots and marches will just happen again next time there's an incident.

Comment

How many black people have been shot by street thugs? The police are protecting black people you moron.

Comment

Working...
                                X