I'm bored and pooping at my girl's house

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by N35t0r View Post
    We got it as a wedding present from my in-laws, but they're not that expensive here, and you can always catch a payment plan to pay it over 12 months with no interest.

They save both water and time, so it's a good thing on both counts. They also wash much much better than I do by hand.
    Unless you pay more than ~900 USD per month (rent), you don't have space for one here.

The last time I had a dishwasher which was used was ~2003. It was nice.

JM
    (for two bachelors who don't cook and want to have a clean kitchen, the dishwasher is incidental, which was the case for me in 2008)
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

For that amount in rent, over here you can get a very large flat if you avoid the more expensive areas, and even in those, if the kitchen has been remodeled in the past 15 years, there probably is room for one.
      Indifference is Bliss

Comment

yeah $900 per month is more than i pay, and i live in a nice flat in a good neighbourhood near to the city centre.
        "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Actually $900 a month is a lot more than I pay and I live in a nice big flat with a garden, garage and a kitchen/dining room big enough for a dishwasher, about a 10 minute walk into town.

Neighbourhood ain't so good - but it will be once the BBC finishes building their new Welsh HQ less than 10 minute's walk away.
          "Aha, you must have supported the Iraq war and wear underpants made out of firearms, just like every other American!" Loinburger

Comment

Housing in Chile is expensive.

JM
            Jon Miller-
            I AM.CANADIAN
            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

hmmm

sense of humor issue

so I'm watching a stream of cities skylines http://www.twitch.tv/kingkongor
              and the guy names one of his jets "Al-Qaeda"... the plane's flight path takes it through a building... hilarity ensues

with a straight face, my girl just says, "that's not funny. have you ever been to new york?"

:|

that moment when you realize it is not going to work out... that was it
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Wow. So uncompromising at such a young age....
                “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

I have the luxury of choice. I don't have time to sit around with someone who doesn't have a good sense of humor. There are other issues too. I'm not going to just break it off or anything. We are already open. This is more a question of just not graduating to the next level.
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Also, I just closed that stream. Only to hear a quiet "thank you" under her breath. Wow. I put up with your stupid videos without passive aggressive bull****.

This thread notwithstanding
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

This thread is helping me avoid so many useless fights
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Weird because I thought the definition of Poly thread was "useless fight"
                        Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Comment

Well not since Ben has been banned .
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

It has been awesome here without him.
                            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Once I rant about petty bull****, it goes away
                              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

A dishwasher here costs $80/mo, but you need to provide room and board.

Comment

Working...
                                X