No announcement yet.

new OKC thread (yet another Savalog)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time for a missionary position spreading the word...

Though the missionary position is not conducive to blowjobs...
    "Aha, you must have supported the Iraq war and wear underpants made out of firearms, just like every other American!" Loinburger

Comment

• Originally posted by I AM MOBIUS View Post
      I think the important thing is not to take dating too seriously - even the failures are fun...
      Yes

Originally posted by Aeson
      Here you'll be assumed to be well off, or even rich. (And pretty much you are well off, even on disability. If you can afford to fly to the Philippines, you just spent more on a vacation than most people live on in a year.)

It's more than just financial though. There's a romaticism about foreigners and other countries. Most Filipinos have next to no chance to travel and see the world. So you get some of that romanticism and potential for adventure associated with you.

White skin is seen as beautiful. (Probably more a factor in the "oh, your babies will be so cute" ...)

So basically you've got the "good provider", "babies will be cute", "adventure/romanticism" working for you right off the bat. You'd have to really try to screw it up.

I don't personally know of any places where women will chase you. Though I'm sure you could find places like that in Manila. Here in the provinces you'll just be chased by their relatives trying to set you up with their daughter/sister/cousin ...

I'd thank but it hasn't respawned yet

Originally posted by pchang View Post
      But the place is highly Catholic, so they won't be aware of the latest medical research vis a vis blowjobs.
      Hmm. That is certainly a drawback. I want to make sure my future children have the best possible chance at life.
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Well, maybe if you go in groups of 69....
        “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• Originally posted by pchang View Post
          groups of 69....
          That would be an interesting sensory experience. I'm imagining the sounds. The slurping, the gulping, the gagging, the moaning...

I wonder what a whole stadium filled with that would sound like.
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• I thought it was a well-established poly-trope that Catholic girls are into kinky stuff?

Comment

• Only in the US
              “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• Originally posted by Aeson View Post
                I thought it was a well-established poly-trope that Catholic girls are into kinky stuff?
                Some are reputed to be. However, that has not been my experience with self-identified Catholic women.
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Originally posted by pchang View Post
                  Only in the US
                  Not just the US...
                  "Aha, you must have supported the Iraq war and wear underpants made out of firearms, just like every other American!" Loinburger

Comment

• Yeah, not just the US.

I'd say that the average catholic girl is just as kinky as the average girl, and as such, there has to be some of them to balance out the über-prudes.
                    Indifference is Bliss

Comment

• Originally posted by Sava View Post
                      You can also be honest about how dating isn't necessarily easy for you. Hell, make that the whole theme of your profile if you want. You could even say straight up, "First dates aren't easy for me. I'd like to meet someone and go out in order practice dating."
                      My current profile is pretty honest. I talk about how I take awhile to open up, how I can accidentally be way too arrogant sometimes (once I have opened up), how I want to consume the universe, how I've been battling depression for half my life, that kind of stuff. My hope is that it comes across as refreshing and funny in a self-deprecatory way. But I still need to message people...
                      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                        My current profile is pretty honest. I talk about how I take awhile to open up, how I can accidentally be way too arrogant sometimes (once I have opened up), how I want to consume the universe, how I've been battling depression for half my life, that kind of stuff. My hope is that it comes across as refreshing and funny in a self-deprecatory way. But I still need to message people...

You definitely need to send out messages. The last few women I've met have all commented how longer, more thoughtful and personalized messages get their attention. From what I gather, most messages that are sent involve "hey", "hi", "how are you?", or something crude and inappropriate.

I was talking with my new friend yesterday about this. When she first started at the site, she'd get about 40 messages per day. Now, it has settled down to around 10-20. Unfortunately, I think the dynamic is such that you almost need to pay for the upgraded features in order to get noticed. Beyond that, I'd say you are in pretty good shape overall. But yeah, gotta send those messages.

She did remark how my messages appeared at the top and remained there (due to my a-list subscription). It isn't necessary. But it does help a lot.
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

My understanding is that dinners can be more awkward because they can be more formal. Candles, waiters with snooty accents, roasted duck in a fine asparagus sauce, that kind of thing. I have no idea if this is really true; all social interaction is intense and awkward for me.
                          You obviously don't have dinner in the same places that I do.
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Yeah, the whole point is to make a first date as informal as possible: coffeeshop, bar etc...

Once you've both decided neither of you want to run away, then decide where to go for dinner - again informal. After that, if you're still both keen, hit another nightspot - or if everything's closed offer them back home for a 'nightcap'...

In the morning, decide whether you want to see them again - if so, repeat with variations...

Comment

Don't do that.

Don't talk about your depression, insecurities, or how you might be arrogant. Don't actually try to put a flawed human face on yourself unless it's humorous.

Comment

• I'm so glad, having read this thread, that I didn't have to deal with any of this.
                                I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

Working...
                                X