Clear All

yes

that's what makes them slaves
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

You're a slave master.
      Maybe that's what makes them grumpy.

What exactly is your disability?
      "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove View Post
        You're a slave master.
        Maybe that's what makes them grumpy.

What exactly is your disability?
        depression, anxiety, ptsd, suicidal ideation, and a seizure disorder
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post
          depression, anxiety, ptsd, suicidal ideation, and a seizure disorder
          Some of those would go away if you had direction. I am not meaning to be trite, I know it is difficult. I was serious about exploring non-standard approaches like Aeson's.

JM
          Jon Miller-
          I AM.CANADIAN
          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post
            Some of those would go away if you had direction.
            They didn't before. In fact, the daily/normal stress that most people deal with causes me to shut down. "Direction" tends to make things worse because I never feel any feeling of accomplishment or fulfillment... only disappointment when things don't work out.

If the answer were simple, I would have found it by now.

But I appreciate the concern/help.
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

It might be that any direction does not suite you, that is what I meant by exploring non-standard approaches like Aeson's (which in a manner is finding a specific direction).

Have you ever tried something like making a pack (with the advice of experts) and getting dropped off at a remote mountain location and making your way out over the course of days?

There are many things that you can find to drive you, daily/normal stress is not a particularly good one for many people. For those people, giving up is pretty much the worst approach.

JM
              Jon Miller-
              I AM.CANADIAN
              GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Ah. I see. I would agree with that.

However, I don't know about any of that, so it doesn't help me much. I have a difficult time with planning. Effective strategies (for me) have always included lack of structure... or allow me to create my own structure.
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Don't you do all those things when you play video games? Planning and strategies.
                  It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
                    Don't you do all those things when you play video games? Planning and strategies.
                    uhm

I will spend 8 hours in a row playing GTA4 with a modded super Hummer... just crashing into things aimlessly
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Ok then, nevermind.
                      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

sometimes, in minecraft, i will plan things

but it is usually just some sort of machine to kill farm animals
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I don't know, it seems most games I played required some type of planning, if not just rote memorization of a series of moves. But you had to discover the patterns which is a form of it.
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

well

if i could make a life plan the way i make a video game plan, execute it, and see instant results...

then yeah, it might be easier for me

life plans tend to be more like... "go to school, graduate, cross your fingers, hope for job"

while balancing a shit-ton of debt

plus, "winning" at that plan just puts me firmly in the rat race... with tons of other people more qualified, harder working, and motivated than me... who don't have a 16 year hole in their resume

my only hope for making money is through some sort of business operation

just gotta wait for legal weed, i suppose
                            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Or move to Washington or Colorado or Oregon.

JM
                              Jon Miller-
                              I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

which is an option...

i just couldn't/don't want to do it alone
                                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                                X