No announcement yet.

Let me know if I'm the one who messed up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey if you can stay out of the rat race, go for it.
    I've been trying to get out of it for decades and hopefully am only a couple years away.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Direction and the rat race are very different, although sometimes coincide (if you have a family you have to provide for them).

Sometimes you are forced into the rat race, I don't think many people desire to join it.

JM
        Jon Miller-
        I AM.CANADIAN
        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post
          Some of those would go away if you had direction. I am not meaning to be trite, I know it is difficult. I was serious about exploring non-standard approaches like Aeson's.

JM
          Do people seriously not get how stupendously obnoxious this piece of advice sounds?
          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Actually about 10 years ago I might have said something equally silly. But having reading some of the threads here it has become obvious that I can't possibly comprehend what some go through since I just don't have the same issues.
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
              Do people seriously not get how stupendously obnoxious this piece of advice sounds?
              It is rather unhelpful.

Originally posted by rah View Post
              Actually about 10 years ago I might have said something equally silly. But having reading some of the threads here it has become obvious that I can't possibly comprehend what some go through since I just don't have the same issues.
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Sava is like the toughest to deal with aspects of myself brought to the surface.

I'm so sorry you have to go through this **** brother. The feelings of self doubt and self defeat are impossible sometimes.
                "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

yup

this will pass

i'm just particularly low lately
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post
                    my only hope for making money is through some sort of business operation
                    This is the best way of going about it anyway.

Comment

• I disagree with all the people who are telling you to leave the relationship ASAP. What you should do is smoke weed. If she calls, just explain to her that you're down to ****, but are otherwise unavailable. Then hang up and smoke some more weed. The problem can solve itself without any effort on your part. Why stress over how to end a relationship when you can just get high and forget it ever happened?
                      John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

• sadly, we're already broken up and not on speaking terms
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Smoke more weed until you forget that too.
                          “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                            I was depressed in the past and have know other people who are depressed.

Just because it sounds trite and is obnoxious doesn't mean that it isn't true (for a short piece of advice).

JM
                            Jon Miller-
                            I AM.CANADIAN
                            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• Yeah, and can you honestly tell me that when you were depressed, you were unaware of the fact that maybe you should ****ing do something with your life?
                              Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                              "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Originally posted by pchang View Post
                                Smoke more weed until you forget that too.
                                that's the plan
                                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                                X