Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NICE MOBIUS View Post
    Yeah, makes you wonder why?
    The real reason is they keep strict accountability of all of the weapons. If there is a reason for Soldiers to have weapons and ammo (like a live fire exercise or a qualification range) then you will sign out the weapons and have various people making sure everything is done in a safe way and follows all military regulations. Like Al said, if there is an active shooter, the Military Police will try to resolve the situation as quickly as possible (like the patrol MPs taking down the suspect) and if there isn't an immediate resolution a SRT (the MP version of a SWAT team) will respond, access the situation and act accordingly. I've covered SRT training before, and those Soldiers (which include both males and females) and bad ass.

Comment

• What about the OOD and the SOG?
      "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Originally posted by korn469 View Post
        The real reason is they keep strict accountability of all of the weapons. If there is a reason for Soldiers to have weapons and ammo (like a live fire exercise or a qualification range) then you will sign out the weapons and have various people making sure everything is done in a safe way and follows all military regulations. Like Al said, if there is an active shooter, the Military Police will try to resolve the situation as quickly as possible (like the patrol MPs taking down the suspect) and if there isn't an immediate resolution a SRT (the MP version of a SWAT team) will respond, access the situation and act accordingly. I've covered SRT training before, and those Soldiers (which include both males and females) and bad ass.
        Thank you for taking my post so seriously and completely missing the point.

If soldiers rigorously trained in the use of firearms can't be fully trusted with firearms, then why the hell is the US public when you've got >30k deaths a year from guns!

Paris terrorism massacre!?

Pah, total ****ing amateurs - that's US gun death statistics in less than two days!

Americans are inflicting upon themselves what terrorists can only dream of in their soakiest sheets of wet dreams!

Comment

• logic

Comment

• Wanted to point out that bases being gun free zones also applies to privately owned weapons. Privately owned weapons of those living on base need to be stored in the armory although they can be drawn out by the owner. They can't be stored in a barracks or house. I am unsure of concealed carry on base. Every PX has signs prohibiting armed personnel.
            "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
            "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• If only the rest of your nation followed the example of the US armed forces.

Comment

• There's no legitimate reason for a civilian to own or possess a firearm.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

If soldiers rigorously trained in the use of firearms can't be fully trusted with firearms, then why the hell is the US public when you've got >30k deaths a year from guns!

Pah, total ****ing amateurs - that's US gun death statistics in less than two days!

Americans are inflicting upon themselves what terrorists can only dream of in their soakiest sheets of wet dreams!
                  Casual and senseless violence is the price you pay for the freedom to inflict casual and senseless violence.
                  Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                  "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

It's not a matter of trusting Soldiers with weapons or not. That's what training is for. In Afghanistan I carried my M4 with me almost everywhere. When I ate. When I slept. When I went to the latrine. When I was at work. Certainly when we left to do mission. For the first part of deployment, when I went to take a shower. About the only times we didn't have a rifle with us was when we did PT. The main reason Soldiers don't carry them around all the time are training requirement (who needs a rifle to do an Equal Opportunity class or sexual harassment class or work in the motorpool) and property accountability. If you're a Company Commander and you lose a weapon (because ultimately since you signed for all of the weapons it is your responsibility even though some dumb private was the guy who lost it) it's your career on the line.

I was only trying to provide an accurate answer, but hey, sure make your political points.

Comment

• Who needs to open carry when walking down the street?

Same diff.

Comment

Working...
                      X