Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We should stop putting women in prison, for anything.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pekka View Post
    It would be interesting to see a social arrangement where we all would be thrown into a prison and then some arbitrary way we'd get out. Like lottery, or who ever gets pardoned, or can escape.
    wtf pekka
    In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
      The status quo is that men receive harsher punishment for crimes.
      Are men committing the same crimes as women?

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
        I will assume that men do, in fact, get longer sentences. Still missing: evidence that any of the nutters you're scared of had anything to do with that fact. See also the old Simpsons gag about Lisa's rock keeping tigers away.
        The connection is that you aren't offended. Imagine a judge that took her course and wasn't offended then in his career gave men longer sentences.
        I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
        - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Yes, imagine that this one professor were to influence one judge. The horror.
          <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

A person like this can teach at a university and she will get no static about here hateful bull****, but it's almost impossible for someone who thinks that feminism is wrong to get such a job. Just imagine a college professors that proposed a theory that only women should be kept in prison? It won't happen. Not in this culture, the so-called "rape culture."
            You should really read articles before making yourself look like a ****ing moron by posting bull**** about them.

1) She doesn't say no women should ever be imprisoned, she says there's a growing movement in the UK against womens prisons and then discusses the issue.

Actual quote:

Essentially, the case for closing women’s prisons is the same as the case for imprisoning fewer men. It is the case against the prison industrial complex and for community-based treatment where it works better than incarceration. But there is evidence that prison harms women more than men, so why not start there?
            2) A professor writing an article discussing something doesn't mean they are an extremist who indoctrinates their students into that world view. You ****ing idiot.

3) When exactly did you become such a ****ing nazi that people aren't allowed to even discuss issues around gender without you painting them as extremists? Patricia O'Brien was trying to make the point that locking people up for non-violent crimes is usually counter productive, and women in particular often end up involved in crime as a result of abusive upbringings and later relationships, something which imprisonment then just exacerbates rather than helping. The same is true about men, but the simple fact is that for whatever reasons men account for 93% of the prison population, meaning that for whatever reasons there is a difference between the genders there resulting in criminal actions. The fact that she as a woman is focusing on crimes commited by women, especially when such a large percentage of them are driven by social factors (given that she's an associate professor in Social Studies ffs) should not be a surprise to anyone, and is not in any way a negative thing.

Seriously, stop making yourself look like a ****, it's becoming embarrasing. You're becoming like an old bag lady screeching at the pigeons.

Comment

Originally posted by loinburger View Post
              I suppose that as a former Marxist and current fundamentalist Christian and men's rights activist that you're an expert on extremism and bull****
              K

Comment

Originally posted by AAAAAAAAH! View Post
                Are men committing the same crimes as women?
                Yep

Comment

Yes, imagine that this one professor were to influence one judge. The horror.
                  Yep

Comment

Originally posted by kentonio View Post
                    You should really read articles before making yourself look like a ****ing moron by posting bull**** about them.

1) She doesn't say no women should ever be imprisoned, she says there's a growing movement in the UK against womens prisons and then discusses the issue.

Actual quote:

2) A professor writing an article discussing something doesn't mean they are an extremist who indoctrinates their students into that world view. You ****ing idiot.

3) When exactly did you become such a ****ing nazi that people aren't allowed to even discuss issues around gender without you painting them as extremists? Patricia O'Brien was trying to make the point that locking people up for non-violent crimes is usually counter productive, and women in particular often end up involved in crime as a result of abusive upbringings and later relationships, something which imprisonment then just exacerbates rather than helping. The same is true about men, but the simple fact is that for whatever reasons men account for 93% of the prison population, meaning that for whatever reasons there is a difference between the genders there resulting in criminal actions. The fact that she as a woman is focusing on crimes commited by women, especially when such a large percentage of them are driven by social factors (given that she's an associate professor in Social Studies ffs) should not be a surprise to anyone, and is not in any way a negative thing.

Seriously, stop making yourself look like a ****, it's becoming embarrasing. You're becoming like an old bag lady screeching at the pigeons.
                    THE TITLE OF HER ARTICLE IS STOP PUTTING WOMEN IN PRISON FOR ANYTHING! WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU?!

Comment

Yep

Comment

THE TITLE OF HER ARTICLE IS STOP PUTTING WOMEN IN PRISON FOR ANYTHING! WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU?!
                        So you only read the title?
                        <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

I have no idea why you think that's funny.

Comment

So you only read the title?
                            Nope, but I do in fact read the title. Do you?

Comment

According to Ken, that person is not an extremist. Elok wants me to believe that feminism is not extremism. Is Ken an extremist? Of course he is. Show me the feminists who are not extremists please.

Comment

I don't know aBout you guise, But I am TERRIFIED of the feminists now that Kidicious has educKated me on the issue.

Thank goodness I read this thrade or imagine how horriBle my life would have Been!
                                Order of the Fly
                                Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Working...
                                X