Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We should stop putting women in prison, for anything.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
    So if I find a way to embazzel $1 billion without using violence then I wouldn't go to jail?
    i'd be more annoyed if you embezzled it.
    "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Originally posted by C0ckney View Post
      i cannot help the assumptions you make because you're an idiot.
      You're the idiot who said the most important point is the cost of the prison system (not gender inequality), and you're a feminist.
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

you think gender inequality in the prison system is more important than its costs (financial, social etc.)?
        "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Prisons are stupid, but there's no reason why the effort to reduce the number of people in prisons should be focused on women. Next?
          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

you think gender inequality in the prison system is more important than its costs (financial, social etc.)?
            Absolutely. I find it outrageous that anyone would even suggest that only one gender should be kept in prison. And the fact that these people are pushing for this and you think the biggest problem is the cost of the system speaks volumes as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post
              I saw this. It was about non-violent offenders... and I agree. The only people who should be behind a locked door are people who are a threat to public safety.
              So Mr. Madoff should be free in your opinion?
              "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                http://www.washingtonpost.com/postev...-for-anything/

To feminists putting women in prison is oppressing them. Oh really?!

Already women are less likely to end up in prison, and when they go they serve shorter sentences. But they actually take from that that WOMEN are oppressed, and don't think any women should ever serve one day in prison.

This is such blatant bigotry that it blows my mind to think that these idiots actually believe the crap they spew out of their mouths.
                Congratulations for not reading the whole article, or if you did read it managing to completely disregard anything that disagreed with your pre-existing opinions.

Comment

Absolutely. I find it outrageous that anyone would even suggest that only one gender should be kept in prison. And the fact that these people are pushing for this and you think the biggest problem is the cost of the system speaks volumes as well.
                  this ought to be surprising, but given your insane world, it's depressingly predictable.

Comment

You feminists just scare the **** out of me, and with good reason.

Comment

well then, i would suggest hiding in a darkened room for thirty or so years.

Comment

You feminists just scare the **** out of me, and with good reason.
                        You know what I find scary? That some crap like this which was just an academic putting forward an idea is so outrageous to you, yet you don't seem to have raised an eyebrow over..

Arnold Abbott: 90-year-old man vows to keep feeding the homeless despite facing jail

A 90-year-old man has vowed to continue feeding homeless people in a Florida town, despite being threatened with jail for doing so.

Arnold Abbott was arrested and charged by police in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, for handing out meals to homeless people in a park. His arrest sparked outrage world-wide and drew international attention to the laws.

Mr Abbott, a war veteran, and two other church ministers could receive a maximum 60-day custodial sentence and a $500 (£313) fine under a new law banning people from meal-sharing with the public.

Mr Abbott said he was stopped by police earlier this week as he handed out food to the homeless, who told him to drop the plate he was carrying, “as if I were carrying a weapon”.

Undeterred by their arrests, Mr Abbott and ministers Dwayne Black and Mark Sims were back at church on Wednesday preparing meals to hand out later that evening.

The men were not apprehended by police on that occasion.

Mr Abbott says he is not afraid of being sent to jail and will keep feeding those most in need in his area.

He told Russia Today: “I am not afraid at all. I was a combat infantryman for two-and-a-half years. I’ve spent 50 years fighting for civil rights for the minorities in this country. I don’t have the slightest fear of being arrested.

“The only thing I am concerned about is that there would be nobody to feed the homeless outdoors, which is what I do – and what I intend to do as long as there is breath in my body.

"We have 10,000 homeless in Broward County, which is the county of which Fort Lauderdale is the principal city. Most of them are in Fort Lauderdale, and we want to take care of all of our people. We are all God’s children.”

In the past two years, more than 30 cities have tried to introduce laws similar to Fort Lauderdale's, according to the National Coalition for the Homeless.

In Fort Lauderdale, the new regulations require groups to be at least 500 feet away from residential properties and food sites are restricted to one per city block.

The laws come amid concerns from residents and businesses worried that their neighbourhoods will become magnets for the homeless.

But the regulations have been criticised as a way of implementing social cleansing by advocates for the homeless, who say that simply passing laws will not improve the situation for anyone.
                        http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...l-9844237.html

Something which as a Christian should genuinely fill you with outrage, and which just a couple of years ago you'd have been enraged about. I guess for the new Kid the evils of women wanting equal treatment to men is just so much more important than things like the needy being able to find food.

Seriously, where did you go so insanely off the rails?

Comment

that story is ridiculous and it's hard to see how anyone could defend such actions.

Comment

Feminists don't want women to be treated like men, either do you. You're sick. I don't know what else to say to you.

Comment

that story is ridiculous and it's hard to see how anyone could defend such actions.
                              Apparently Christians have bigger things to worry about.

Comment

But women aren't being punished enough!
                                <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Working...
                                X