No announcement yet.

i just got hit by a car (not bad)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a similar thing happened to me last year. i was walking on the edge of a road (there were works on the pavement, so i had no choice) and a luxury bus hit me lightly; so lightly in fact that i didn't fall, but the impact hurt my shoulder. i was really angry and started shouting at the driver, who didn't apologise, but instead ignored me and tried to drive off, which he couldn't do because the lights had turned red in front of him. so i ran my keys down the whole length of the bus. upon seeing this the driver made a move to get out of the bus and i told him that if he did i would gouge his eyes out with my keys; he thought better of it. the driver said "you're ****ing crazy man, what i am going to tell them at the depot?" i replied "why don't you tell them what happened you arsehole" and walked off.

anyway, glad to hear it wasn't serious, and good on you for damaging the guy's car.
    "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Once I was returning with the car very late at night (after 2) and at a shawdowish intersection a w@nker had drove in the wrong way (it was a one way) and not only that but he didn't make a reverse to let me some room to pass. I passed an inch away from him with great difficulty so I said **** you wanker. (which I thought was approprate).
        What happened is he started following me with the car.
        Despite the initial shock, I said, no problem, I'll drive your sorry ass right outside the police station.
        He must have figured it out because he vanished after some kilometers.

Returning home I went to park the car but in the middle of the night I recognize his car, he had just parked.
        I got angry so I stop the car and get out, he gets out too and....
        he was a 2 meter body builder type fuuuck.
        Still I was enraged and screamed to him you ****ing *******, you want to hurt yourself or others because of stupid reasons like that?

In broken greek he replied "but you called me a w@nker"
        "I didnt call you a w@nker you ****ing *******".

But it all turned out ok, because apparently I hadn't called him a w@nker

Comment

So in your worldview, the only people who move around are religious nuts from Western Canada?
          It would be like if I had the name "Maple Leaf", and had the texas flag. One or the other.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

wanker is still censored?

edit: it's not
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

That was a one time only incident though.
              Last week an ******* swore at me (after having swore at others as well) and the traffic was bad so I could go out and ask the reason.
              But I said to myself I'm not going to respond to that.
              I have the SO waiting, I have my life, it's not worth getting into.
              Much more relaxed.
              (as grandma used to say, give way to rage)

Comment

what's the weather like in greece now?

does it get cold in the winter?
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

now it's apparently going to be the coldest winter of the last 10 years because... reasons. something about anti-cyclons staying (or going away) from western europe, so the whole balkans are going to be freezing.
                  today was nice and sunny though

Comment

what city are you in?

I looked up athens weather. It seemed nice. Then I specific Athens, Greece instead of Athens, Georgia.

high in the 60's (freedom units)... low in the 60's

I'd take that over our weather right now... though, it's not as cold as it was a few days ago
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                      It would be like if I had the name "Maple Leaf", and had the texas flag. One or the other.
                      Why should I change my handle because I don't live in Texas?

I literally haven't lived in Texas since 2000.
                      Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

When I was a grad student in Richmond I used to ride a bike through "The Fan", the neighborhood near VCU, an area with lots of bars and lots of people. I was returning home one night around 8 o'clock and a guy opened his car door directly in front of me. I had no time to react at all, I hit his door at full speed. I picked my self up from the pavement - I rolled towards the curb as soon as I landed, I did not want to be run over. I was OK, my bike was OK, but as I left I heard him cursing about not being able to close the door to his car.
                        "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

<p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

I'm becoming a militant pedestrian

that guy is my hero

Where's Slowwhand? I guess the rule of law doesn't apply to traffic laws... you know... something that affects the safety of people on a daily basis.

Maybe if the driver was Mexican...
                            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Maybe Slowwhand has run over so many Mexicans that he's now conditioned to associate all pedestrians with the hated Mexicans
                              <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

I wonder what kind of truck he drives. Dodge Ram?

More like Dodge Ramon.
                                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                                X