Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So what do we do when when nobody has a job?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You want to skip to ~35 seconds
    No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

• driverless vehicles

I think upgrading our transportation system would save countless more lives than something like gun control.
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• We could even send all the superfluous traffic policemen to patrol dangerous swimming pools
        Indifference is Bliss

Comment

• Originally posted by N35t0r View Post
          We could even send all the superfluous traffic policemen to patrol dangerous swimming pools
          Sadly, this will probably only fuel the continued militarization of law enforcement as bullets aren't very effective against pools.

The only thing that stops an evil pool is a good pool.
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

We could even send all the superfluous traffic policemen to patrol dangerous swimming pools
            Or not.

Comment

• More mining!

Comment

One area where robots would be way better than humans is lifeguarding. Lifeguards (speaking from experience) are nothing but a gaggle of undisciplined drunks, junkies, and sluts. The only thing you can trust them to do is show up late for work and smoke pot in the pump room. Even a mediocre robot would be a huge improvement.
                John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

• I think upgrading our transportation system would save countless more lives than something like gun control.
                  Yes, because making it so that people no longer have the ability to drive themselves is an increase in their freedoms.
                  Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                  "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                  2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr Strangelove View Post
                    China is trying to solve its overpopulation problem. Russia isn't Communist since 1992.
                    China is having a looming crisis, too few young hands, too many old people coming... It will be interesting to see how they will solve that problem.
                    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                      Yes, because making it so that people no longer have the ability to drive themselves is an increase in their freedoms.
                      On the contrary, it will allow people who currently cannot drive themselves (whether due to injury or illegality) to not have to depend on others to get around.

Plus, I might get the train rider's perk of napping on the way to work.

Comment

• Originally posted by Felch View Post
                        One area where robots would be way better than humans is lifeguarding. Lifeguards (speaking from experience) are nothing but a gaggle of undisciplined drunks, junkies, and sluts. The only thing you can trust them to do is show up late for work and smoke pot in the pump room. Even a mediocre robot would be a huge improvement.
                        But we'd miss out on the buxom blondes running in swimsuits
                        Indifference is Bliss

Comment

• Originally posted by Nikolai View Post
                          China is having a looming crisis, too few young hands, too many old people coming... It will be interesting to see how they will solve that problem.
                          China will do what America does: let the Mexicans in.
                          “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• Or the robots, depending on how fast they advance and how bad it gets.

Comment

• I'm sorry, I have to do this, I can't help myself.

Originally posted by pchang View Post
                              China will do what America does: let the Russians in.
                              FTFY.

Comment

• On the contrary, it will allow people who currently cannot drive themselves (whether due to injury or illegality) to not have to depend on others to get around.

Plus, I might get the train rider's perk of napping on the way to work.
                                Yes, because insurers really wouldn't bar people from driving themselves. I *like* driving stick. Paid for my school that way.
                                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                                2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Working...
                                X