Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So what do we do when when nobody has a job?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pension funds and other large institutional investors will find that tricky I think.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• You're going to pay for the welfare of 80 to 90% of the population by taxing pensions? Oh that will go over well.
      "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

• Probably, since it will be the wealthy and wealthier people still employed who could afford private pensions and other investments, and we are supposing that taxation of income from capital ownership is the only way to fund social programs to keep the hoi polloi from breaking everything.

The state protects your private ownership. Great. Here's the bill to pay for the state and you're the only one with the means to pay it.
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• the problem is NYE, there's just not enough people who are wealthy enough to fund social programs. Cuts are coming, either now or later.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• enjoy life
            Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
            GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

• The majority of the employed will be professionals and technically skilled people, they will not necessarily be wealthy. The wealthy will be the corporate owners, and as I pointed out, they can move to the Cayman Islands, Bahamas, Panama, Monaco, etc.

Comment

• But to be rich, they need to sell their products. Countries can effectively tax access to their markets...
                Indifference is Bliss

Comment

• Originally posted by N35t0r View Post
                  But to be rich, they need to sell their products. Countries can effectively tax access to their markets...
                  Which is included in the price, so this "tax on access to the market" becomes a tax on the consumer.

The problem with all your schemes is that it lacks one element: Internationalism. In order to make this communism work you need to "enlist" the whole world. That's International Communism, and you know what that is:

BOLSHEVISM!!!!!!!

Now we sing our heroic song!

Last edited by Dr Strangelove; September 19, 2014, 08:23.

Comment

• So, maybe-maybe-not apropos to the topic, I will be jobless sometime after the New Year, as my plant is being moved to a third world nation.

...Michigan.
                    No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

• that sucks, do you have something else lined up?
                      "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

• I would probably have one in Michigan, but I'm not going to Michigan. Because, you know, Michigan.
                        No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

• well, i don't, but i'll take your word for it.
                          "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

• I would probably have one in Michigan, but I'm not going to Michigan. Because, you know, Michigan.
                            How bad is your employer if they are relocating to Michigan?

Hope you find something soon, TMM.
                            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by C0ckney View Post
                              well, i don't, but i'll take your word for it.
                              Michigan is where Detroit is.
                              Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                              "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• I've read that you can buy an appartment for 1 dollar in Detroit but that nothing works there. (police, municipality are all gone)

Comment

Working...
                                X