Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michael Brown - the 'kid' shot by cops 4 days ago in the US, who might have been unarmed and maybe was not fighting the cops.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sava View Post
    What's the conservative viewpoint on this?

Are you guys more "the black guy deserved it"?
    or
    'The government is evil and trampling on rights'?
    (I'm referring more to the police response, firing rubber bullets into the crowd, teargas at journalists, and arresting them unlawfully)

Or is there a split?
    If so, what's the split?
    Anyone who thinks he deserved it should get the **** out of my america.
    Cops are reckless idiots with hero complexes.
    "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• Originally posted by The Mad Monk View Post
      Police sources say a lot of things...

Honestly, short of killing my wife and cat I don't know if there's anything law enforcement in America could do to undermine my trust even more.
      'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• Originally posted by DinoDoc View Post
        Because you are white and all cops everywhere are racist? Is that the point you wanted to make?
        Because white privilege is a real thing, whether you want to admit it, or not.
        A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

• Here's one white woman's perspective on white privilege. Makes it more clear why so many white people are uncomfortable in having mature, serious discussions about race.
          A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Mad Monk View Post
            If you were a witness where this was happening (store where cigar theft happened was looted after it was identified, anonymous releasing addresses, etc), would you be making a beeline for the press?
            There is that plus the witnesses probably live in the community so they'd have little protection if the thugs decide to come calling.
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• according to the cop - or his friend - he didn't shoot at Brown when he ran away, only when he ran back at him. That leaves 1 shot while they struggled at the SUV and it aint clear that hit anyone

Comment

• NPR was talking about how the police got so militarized. Supposedly in the early 90's after the cold war ended and we started cutting back on military spending the feds ended up with massive amounts of surplus military stuff so Clinton signed a law letting local and state law enforcement get it for free if they wanted it. After 9/11 Bush massively increased the program supposedly to help cities deal with possible terrorist threats and now there is a bunch of surplus stuff from Iraq and Afghanistan so the cops are even getting armored vehicles.

It is funny how the talk radio wing nuts kept blaming Obama for it when the program goes back 22 and has been growing through three administrations.
                Last edited by Dinner; August 19, 2014, 18:32.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                  Supposedly in the early 90's after the cold war ended and we started cutting back on military spending
                  You did what?

Supposedly in the early 90's after the cold war ended and we started cutting back on military spending the feds ended up with massive amounts of surplus military stuff so Clinton signed a law letting local and state law enforcement get it for free if they wanted it. After 9/11 Bush massively increased the program supposedly to help cities deal with possible terrorist threats and now there is a bunch of surplus stuff from Iraq and Afghanistan so the cops are even getting armored vehicles.

It is funny how the talk radio wing nuts kept blaming Obama for it when the program goes back 22 and has been growing through three administrations.
                  Blah-blah-blah. Who cares who started this Obama, Bush or Clinton? Why US police didn't need machine guns and armored vehicles back to 60's or 80's, but out of a sudden needs them now? What's next, some retired B-52 for NYPD to deal with protesters? You see nothing wrong with that?
                  The reason why your police and army are merging, is because your damn Empire of Lies rapidly and openly turns into a fascist police state.

Comment

• militarization goes back further, Reagan's drug war and no-knock raids - the latter was used at Waco and Ruby Ridge

Comment

• Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                      I have, on multiple occasions, jaywalked directly in front of moving cop cars. I have never been stopped for it. I wonder why that is.
                      It's probably because you are white and they couldn't see you in the daylight.
                      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Serb View Post
                        You did what?
                        Yep, laugh all you want but in the reality based world the US did indeed cut back the military pretty substantially in the Clinton years. It was one of things Clinton ran on in 1992.

Comment

• Originally posted by Serb View Post
                          You did what?

Blah-blah-blah. Who cares who started this Obama, Bush or Clinton? Why US police didn't need machine guns and armored vehicles back to 60's or 80's, but out of a sudden needs them now? What's next, some retired B-52 for NYPD to deal with protesters? You see nothing wrong with that?
                          The reason why your police and army are merging, is because your damn Empire of Lies rapidly and openly turns into a fascist police state.
                          That's circular - the reason we turned into a fascist police state is because we have no real threat to our safety but ourselves and our law enforcement apparatus are too stupid to do police work.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                            Yep, laugh all you want but in the reality based world the US did indeed cut back the military pretty substantially in the Clinton years. It was one of things Clinton ran on in 1992.

I wouldn't call that a pretty substantial cut back

5% is a hell of a cut back!!!
                            Last edited by Serb; August 19, 2014, 20:36.

Comment

• See those parts in bold? you also need corroboration of that. So far, it has the same value as me saying they were walking on the street, along the sidewalk, holding pink helium-filled baloons.
                              She says he was walking in the road. I'm not quite sure how her statement doesn't corroborate with mine.
                              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by Berzerker View Post
                                according to the cop - or his friend - he didn't shoot at Brown when he ran away, only when he ran back at him. That leaves 1 shot while they struggled at the SUV and it aint clear that hit anyone
                                actually Brown's friend said he saw blood on Brown's arm after that 1st gunshot

the part of the story I dont buy is that the cop reached out and grabbed Brown by the throat and tried to pull him into the SUV, that dont make sense. The cop's story sounds more logical and since they have a dozen witnesses backing him up I cant see how he should even be tried.

Comment

Working...
                                X