No announcement yet.

Ebola outbreak in West Africa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Western media will take notice, once enough white people are affected by Ebola.
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by pchang View Post
      Watch 12 Monkeys!
      The '62 film is better.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun View Post
        The Western media will take notice, once enough white people are affected by Ebola.
        Won't happen. The natural vectors are all in tropical Africa.

Comment

Ebola's a lot more dangerous in Africa than it would be here because they don't have the medical facilities to contain and treat it. The biggest part is just handling the corpses properly.

Comment

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
            ... The biggest part is just handling the corpses properly.
            There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post

Comment

Infected American aid workers are being sent to Georgia (CDC) for treatment.
                No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Watch 12 Monkeys!
                  They're not writing out Shakespeare's plays again, are they ?
                  Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                    We have fruit bats and pigs, but fortunately the virus is unlikely to spread to them here in the US. The disease can spread from person to person via body fluids. It can also spread via semen for up to 2 months after contracting the disease. Can we prohibit survivors from having sex for up to 2 months? We should consider banning rock bands from travelling to afflicted areas.
                    "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

This one seems to have a 60% mortality rate. I wonder if our civilization would survive a 60% reduction.
                      “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

I think that's 60% mortality rate with the best known treatment.
                        No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

This one seems to have a 60% mortality rate. I wonder if our civilization would survive a 60% reduction.
                          Depends on who's being reduced.
                          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Why?
                            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

It used to be 90% fatal so it seems the virus is evolving in the typical way so that mortality goes down over time.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk View Post
                                So?

Comment

Working...
                                X