Republicans Pick...Cleveland!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Mad Monk View Post
    Because nothing says a party can handle the national economy like blowing a wad on the most expensive spots on the planet.
    There are inexpensive cities in New York.

Comment

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
      There are inexpensive cities in New York.
      And they all suck.
      “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
        Any bit could make the difference. Considering the extra local coverage it will get just might sway a few undecided. (of course the extra exposure could work against them )
        It sounds like another version of the veep myth. "The Vice President is in the best position to win the presidency". Until you look at the facts, but nobody does.
        No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Originally posted by pchang View Post
          And they all suck.
          None as much as NYC does.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk View Post
            It sounds like another version of the veep myth. "The Vice President is in the best position to win the presidency". Until you look at the facts, but nobody does.
            Yes right up there with picking a VP from a state to help swing it. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, so what the heck give it a try. Not doing it can also be a negative. Think if McCain had tried someone from a state other than ALASKA.
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

yeah palin was perhaps the dumbest choice in modern history

he didn't need to pander any more to the right. what were they gonna do, vote for barack hussein obama?
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

The worst thing was when he originally selected her, I thought it was an inspired choice. Then I got to see what she really was. I'm sure he wished he had her vetted a bit more.
                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

my first thought was "MILF"
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I am ashamed to admit that it influenced my initial opinion of her a bit.
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I am ashamed to admit that it influenced my initial opinion of her a bit.
                      happens to the best of us:
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Yeah, wonder what's going on on the lower half that we can't see?
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by pchang View Post
                          I think the boob cam will be much less effective in Cleveland than it was in San Diego.
                          It might become the fat old white guy butt crack cam.
                          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Yeah, wonder what's going on on the lower half that we can't see?
                            eh, whatever floats your boat
                            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                              That is one of the main reasons to have a selection for a huge national convention. Otherwise, just have it in Washington, New York, Chicago or LA.
                              Well, that is one of the big reasons but also practical considerations do have to be taken into account. Are there enough hotel rooms, enough venues, enough cheap flights to get everyone there, plus the hordes of lobbyists also like it if there are venues for their private parties where they lure the politicians in with open bars and all you can eat expensive food so they can lobby the hell out of them while they eat, etc...
                              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

he didn't need to pander any more to the right. what were they gonna do, vote for barack hussein obama?
                                Yeah, it's a good thing Romney didn't pander to the base.
                                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                                2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Working...
                                X