Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How is using the Library different from Piracy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"civilised part" ?? Is that the bit that's infested with train****ters?
    Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
    I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

It's the part that knows how to spell "civilized."
      John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

parried!
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Parrotied!
          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

You know what's sad? There's French for France, Spanish for Spain, and German for Germany. And yet America still speaks English.
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

So what would happen if "Pirate Bay" changed it's name to "Stockholm Internet Library"?
              "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                You know what's sad? There's French for France, Spanish for Spain, and German for Germany. And yet America still speaks English.
                So clearly you hail from Bull****tia.
                Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                  I'm more than happy for them to get off our bandwagon and invent a new language - Klingonese was invented in the US, so why not adopt that...?
                  Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Seems to have a cultural equivalency that Americans would feel familiar with...
                    Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Perhaps Sister Bendy hails from Craplakistan instead.
                      Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

The librarians at the Library of Congress are a powerful bunch. Guardians of copyright, including fair use. My impression was IP policy people in DC were afraid of them, which was quite a thing to see, with all the industry lobby groups always trying to change the rules for profit, many quite powerful but they had to bow down to the little ladies in the Library of Congress.
                        Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Originally posted by Felch View Post
                          It's the part that knows how to spell "sivilized."
                          FTFY. If you're going to dumb down spelling to account for Yankeestan's dismal education system you may as well go all the way.
                          Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
                          I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove View Post
                            So what would happen if "Pirate Bay" changed it's name to "Stockholm Internet Library"?
                            People would look up "Stockholm," see it was in Sweden, and assume blond chicks with big racks were involved. Site traffic would thus be unaffected.
                            1011 1100
                            Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Working...
                            X