No announcement yet.

Whats the most remote you've ever been?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate.
    No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

The only foreigner in the frigid mountains of SiChuan in January.
      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

3. One remote for the TV, one for the VCR and one for the music playing machine.
        Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
        I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

Piker. I've had as many as six remotes in my living room.

TV
          VCR
          DVD
          Cable
          Stereo
          "universal"
          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

If you have a universal remote then what's the point of the other 5?
            Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
            I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

your new avatar is amazing ben it's the negative picture of a bearded man with a kalashnikof and the quoran
              I saw it and I was like, *damn*. It's just so over the top it's awesome.
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Thoth View Post
                If you have a universal remote then what's the point of the other 5?
                Thus the quotation marks.
                Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Near Land's End in Cornwall in winter, in the interior of South Australia en route to a total eclipse, in north Vancouver Island or on the Great Barrier Reef.
                  Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Somewhere in the outback of Australia, but only NSW... Probably going to White Cliffs - remote enough that if you break down without any water you could be pretty ****ed!

Hiking in the Great Dividing Range in Eastern NSW, also Australia.

Circumnavigating Iceland, particularly the northern coastal area...

Lots of times in Egypt. Particularly travelling to/from the Siwa Oasis and the Sahara desert to the south - breaking down there was fun! Actually, it was OK because we had two vehicles.

Same deserts of Morocco out by Merzouga.

The Navajo and Hopi reservations of Arizona and driving up to Monument Valley in Utah was pretty remote - but still almost got done for a speeding ticket there - got let off because I'm British!

Also Death Valley. Particularly driving some dodgy mountain road from there direct to Lone Pine in the dark - didn't see a single car for virtually the whole way!

Hiking on the Brecon Beacons in South Wales can seem particularly remote, despite the edge of the national park being within an hour of Cardiff - certainly no phone signal.

I'm sure there's more...
                    Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Since Tuberski already used the 'wife' joke... playing with polar bears in northern Manitoba... or anywhere between Thompson & Churchill in Manitoba.
                      There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Nauru, beat that
                        Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

There's always one smart arse...
                          Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Norilsk.
                            "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

How about Tarin Kowt, Uruzgan, Afghanistan, beat that
                              Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Working...
                              X