X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's to your Health

Watercress?

Okay, any chefs out there?

If I'm making dinner I just throw stuff together in a big pot of tomato sauce and we use it for a few days as a kind of topping for fish, chicken, or sweet potatoes, etc.

So does anyone have experience cooking watercress?

and Chinese cabbage, whats that?

I like cabbage, sauerkraut is supposed to be nutritious...

Watercress is something I put in my "greens" mix for my gumbo, but that's because it's in the recipe I use. I know it's supposed to be good in salads, but I really can't tell you what it tastes like. I think its pretty pricey, but you can find a little of it in prepackaged "spring" mixes.

If chinese cabbage is bok choy, its damn tasty, and used in stir frys all the time. It is the cabbage used in the dishes at chinese restaurants. Pretty cheap, IIRC. Easy to grow, too.
    No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

so you eat watercress raw in salads etc?

I'm gonna give it a try, I was surprised how low on the list blueberries, broccoli and cauliflower rank

Comment

Calculated as the mean of percent daily values (DVs) (based on a 2,000 kcal/d diet) for 17 nutrients (potassium, fiber, protein, calcium, iron, thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, folate, zinc, and vitamins A, B6, B12, C, D, E, and K) as provided by 100 g of food, expressed per 100 kcal of food. Scores above 100 were capped at 100 (indicating that the food provides, on average, 100% DV of the qualifying nutrients per 100 kcal).
        It concentrates on the tried-and-true, and doesn't consider the assortment of chemicals that have come up more recently. Keep the blueberries, broccoli and cauliflower on your plate.
        No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Now, that is actually a cool list. I've been juicing lately after watching "Sick, Fat, and almost Dead" (which was really just an infomercial disguised as a "documentary"), replacing breakfast and lunch with vegetable juice, and I'm going to make sure I include stuff on that list. BTW the Omega brand juicer I bought for ~$200 at Bed, Bath, & Beyond works pretty well.

Shop online or in-store at Bed Bath & Beyond for the best bedding, bathroom, kitchen, and home décor! Plus, create or find a wedding registry.

Just wait for a sale and make sure to use the 20% off coupon they have on their website.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Time to sell Omega brand juicer stock...
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Working...
            X