Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Worker installing parking time limit sign gets parking ticket for violating time limit.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worker installing parking time limit sign gets parking ticket for violating time limit.

SANTA BARBARA, Calif. -

A man installing a 75 minute parking time limit sign in Santa Barbara got a ticket for parking overtime during the project.

Dan Greding with Precision Sriping, says he was contracted to do the work on Victoria St. downtown between State St. and Chapala St. as part of a recently finished market and housing project.

He had already installed three other signs on the street and the final one took a little longer because he had to drill into concrete.

When he looked up, a Parking Enforcement Officer was writing a ticket for parking in excess of 75 minutes.

"I didn't know what to say. I was dumbfounded," said Greding. "I said 'but I 'm putting these signs up' and he (the officer) says, 'then you should know you can't park here more than 75 minutes.' I said, 'well I haven't put the sign up yet, so you can't write me a ticket' and he said 'yea but the signs down there say - this block - so you're in violation."

Greding said he had the sign installed moments later.

"I guess my crime was not installing the signs in under 75 minutes," he said.

When the ticket was written, Greding said the concrete had just finished drying and the pole was in place. All he had to do was tighten the screws.

He recalls the officer referring to the posted time limit on the other signs within the same block, and Greding said, "I just put those up 20 minutes ago!"

Greding said he probably was there about 15 minutes too long, but he needed his truck, and the equipment in the back, such as power tools, to do the job.

He appealed the ticket, issued in February, and lost. He is asking for an administrative panel review, as his last chance. To do so however, he has to pay the $48. fine up front. A decision should come this month. Greding said he will update NewsChannel 3 with the ruling.

The street, has gone through upgrades in recent weeks that has included new parking signs, painted curbs to designate specific parking rules, and center of the street striping. Greding also did that work.

He say the contractor urged him to hurry because he claims the city wanted the signs in place to make sure parking rules were enforced.

Copyright © 2014 KEYT - NPG of California, LLC. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
    (COME AT ME BRO, I JUST REDISTRIBUTED IT)

(but please, don't... for rlz)

God Bless America.

Also, how do you lose the appeal?
    To us, it is the BEAST.

California!

I wonder what Dinner has to say about that?

He say the contractor urged him to hurry because he claims the city wanted the signs in place to make sure parking rules were enforced
    I'm all for the state of California stealing from it's contractors.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

I was in Santa Barbara last month for a friend's wedding and was impressed with all the large new parking structures they built downtown. I was not impressed by the prices for parking nor the short limits to street parking. It's still a great town but it's a shame there is so little work there and that a tiny crappy shack from the 1940's goes for over a million.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

So he got a $15 parking ticket? Thanks.
        I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
        - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

The article says $48.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post
            http://www.keyt.com/news/sign-instal...ng-up/25845388

God Bless America.

Also, how do you lose the appeal?
            I have tried to appeal several tickets in multiple municipalities and have never won an appeal. In one instance the meter maid called to tell them she had misread the chalk marks ( I walked up as she was writing the ticket) and I still lost the appeal.

It's all electronic these days so even if you are there while the ticket is being written and convince them you are in the site if they have already sent it its too late. I am pretty sure there is no actual appeal, it's just an auto delete mailbox for the sake of appearances.
            "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Damn. That's a big parking ticket.
              I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
              - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

I have gotten a number of parking tickets from my university, for $30. I have not appealed any of the tickets because I deserved all of them. By this point I've figured out which lots they check at which times and park accordingly (there are free lots where you don't need a pass and won't be ticketed but they are further away). It's been 6 months since I've gotten one and I usually park illegally 3 times a week or so.

Also, whenever it snows, and it snows a lot of course, the people who check the parking tags are clearing the campus roads and sidewalks, so I invariably get away with it on those days.

Comment

He appealed the ticket, issued in February, and lost.
                  both the cop and the judge deserve to be fired

Comment

Originally posted by Patroklos View Post
                    I have tried to appeal several tickets in multiple municipalities and have never won an appeal. In one instance the meter maid called to tell them she had misread the chalk marks ( I walked up as she was writing the ticket) and I still lost the appeal.

It's all electronic these days so even if you are there while the ticket is being written and convince them you are in the site if they have already sent it its too late. I am pretty sure there is no actual appeal, it's just an auto delete mailbox for the sake of appearances.
                    For most cities these sorts of tickets are crucial revenue and the judges know it because often their own courts are partially funded by these tickets so, as you can imagine, they deliberately try to squeeze everyone they can even if it can be proven the cop was in error. Is that right? Nope, but that's the reality of the situation. I still wish these crooked judges would get tossed in jail.

Comment

I can park my car in the middle of the highway and likely not get a ticket. (The car will instead be gently nudged off the road and down a steep embankment by a large truck, but that won't get a ticket either.) Freedom

Comment

So Bohol = ACS?
                        AC2- the most active SMAC(X) community on the web.
                        JKStudio - Masks and other Art

No pasarán

Comment

Originally posted by Patroklos View Post

That sucks!
                          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I successfully appealed a Chicago parking ticket this winter. By email.
                            I did have photographic evidence, but I was still a bit shocked at the favorable outcome.

It restored my faith in truth, justice and the American Way.
                            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I got one tossed out last year, parking in a handicap spot that wasn't a handicap spot. I really had to work at it but they finally admitted it was issued in error.
                              It was a 250 dollar ticket so well worth my effort.
                              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                              X