Clear All

• Study confirms what I already knew

Click image for larger version

Name:	sawsvgwdcibktbwo5tgl.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	22.7 KB
ID:	9135936

Illinis are restless.

about 28 years ago my parents moved from Matteson Illinois to Navato California. Some of my coworkers out of Illinois have winter homes in Florida.

What are the factors that make you want to move guys?
    "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

I see that Texas are deluded

Comment

They just know a Good Thing. Like I did when I moved from NJ to KC.
      No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Hawaiians are really isolationist.
        “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Weather and Taxes. Illinois sucks at both. Mother Nature takes care of the former and Our Corrupt Politicians handle the rest.
          So I'm not surprised by this.
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

My theory: Ignoring some really ****ty states, everyone everywhere has the same desire to move, but no one wants to move more than like 50 miles. In Texas, that means you stay in Texas. In Maryland, that means you end up in Virginia.
            Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
            "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

I like it here

Illinois has lots of old crotchety bastards who hate taxes. But they stay. They always stay.
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Fantastic thread. Why would people leave Texas since Texas is awesome. We already knew Illinois blows.
                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                  My theory: Ignoring some really ****ty states, everyone everywhere has the same desire to move, but no one wants to move more than like 50 miles. In Texas, that means you stay in Texas. In Maryland, that means you end up in Virginia.
                  In Hawaii..... you drown yourself.

Comment

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I't say federal employment accounts for some of this. Maryland and Virginia for instance are stuck with all the DC Feds, media types and contractors that are constantly churning plus VA has the double whammy of a very large military presence. That might explain some of GA too.
                      "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Working...
                      X