Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

North Carolina clergy challenge state's anti-gay Amendment One on basis of religious freedom.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
    Well, you know how you can change this? Support Hobby Lobby in their case against the government in the Supreme Court
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post

---

The question revolves around this statement:

What does that exactly mean? Does it mean that clergy can't perform official marriages for homosexual couples, in which case, duh. The way the article phrases it, it seems that clergy can't even perform non-official homosexual ceremonies, which would be a violation of their religious freedom.

However, there is nothing mentioning any clergy specific bans on the wikipedia article of the Amendment:

Here is the Constitutional section, after amendment:
      Damn. Then this way of challenging anti-gay laws against equal marriage may not have any ground to stand on.

Comment

And for the record, three hours may not seem long before posting again to ask for more participation/discussion, but time was not what I went by.

I saw something like 140+ views and almost no serious responses. So I went by number of viewers and lack of responses, not by how much time had passed.

Comment

wow
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun View Post
            And for the record, three hours may not seem long before posting again to ask for more participation/discussion, but time was not what I went by.

I saw something like 140+ views and almost no serious responses. So I went by number of viewers and lack of responses, not by how much time had passed.
            So you still don't get it?
            I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
            - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Remember when MrFun used to quote himself and say "hey why didn't anybody say how awesome this post was?" That was hilarious.
              <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Originally posted by loinburger View Post
                Remember when MrFun used to quote himself and say "hey why didn't anybody say how awesome this post was?" That was hilarious.
                Run along kid; go back to the sandbox. This discussion was meant for grown ups.

Comment

You mean people with careers and such? Doesn't that exclude you?

Comment

Originally posted by loinburger View Post
                    Kids these days ....

Comment

I apparently missed the memo that one's level of maturity was equivalent to one's level of e-******ry

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun View Post
                        Run along kid; go back to the sandbox. This discussion was meant for grown ups.
                        You sure you should be here? Or you just hurt that he burned you?
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I'm playing a game where I see how many blocked comments I have in a row between kidicious and ben. Pretty good thread.
                          "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                          'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by MRT144 View Post
                              I'm playing a game where I see how many blocked comments I have in a row between kidicious and ben. Pretty good thread.
                              You ARE the biggest loser!
                              I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                              - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Man, and I thought it wasn't possible for MrFun threads to be good.

Turns out I was right.

Comment

Working...
                                X