No announcement yet.

climate change denial is worse than anti-vax movement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The actual data is in the range of projections... almost dead center. I'm not quite sure what you are talking about.
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Uh, the fact that after 2000, the data is completely flat while the models show a consistant rise?
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sava View Post
        The actual data is in the range of projections... almost dead center. I'm not quite sure what you are talking about.
        I don't think you know what center means. Even the most recent projection, AR4, is doing a lousy job of predicting observations. I would not bring out either chart if I wanted to convince people that climate change is well understood by scientists.
        John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

• Okay denialist troll/dupe bullcrap, insults and lies in progress. It's always the way. Bored years ago. I'm out.
          AC2- the most active SMAC(X) community on the web.
          JKStudio - Masks and other Art

No pasarán

Comment

• I'm sorry that your cherished hypothesis is contradicted by real world observations.

Also when you call critics "denialists" you show that you're not remotely interested in exercising doubt about your (quasi-religious) beliefs. I don't deny that CO2 contributes to warming, and I don't deny that CO2 levels are increasing because of human action. I just don't think that we should believe a bunch of specific predictions made by people whose previous predictions have all been unfulfilled.
            Last edited by Felch; April 6, 2014, 21:38.

Comment

• Wrong about everything - I'm just done feeding.

Enjoy all the bossman pole you're taking.
              AC2- the most active SMAC(X) community on the web.
              JKStudio - Masks and other Art

No pasarán

Comment

• Take it easy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sava View Post
                  The actual data is in the range of projections... almost dead center. I'm not quite sure what you are talking about.
                  They expect a continuous steady rise every year and if on some years it stays the same or gets colder than last year they'll declare that global warming has been refuted.

Comment

• I'm not saying that global warming has been refuted. I'm saying that the models suck. And since all the doom and gloom predictions are based on those models, the predictions are probably bogus.

Comment

• Originally posted by Felch View Post
                      I'm not saying that global warming has been refuted. I'm saying that the models suck. And since all the doom and gloom predictions are based on those models, the predictions are probably bogus.

Feigning retardation is a good strategy.

I'm not biting though.
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Originally posted by pchang View Post
                        Participation in reality is involuntary. Acknowledgement of reality is irrelevant.
                        Participation is voluntary, but leaving is usually a one-way ticket.
                        No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

• There are several important environmental phenomena we can't accurately model, in particular clouds. The main line of evidence for global warming is not computer models. Those are just the things Al Gore uses to make people think Denver will be beachfront property in 2050.

Comment

• yup!

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                            X