No announcement yet.

The modern phenomenon of nonsense jobs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They're well past the point where people might not know about it.
    Always new customers.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by The Mad Monk View Post
      It only has to contribute to the company to be useful.
      Whether or not value is created isn't the problem. The problem is creating the most value.
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
        Always new customers.
        Market share for both Coke and Pepsi has been falling for some time.

Comment

• Market share for both Coke and Pepsi has been falling for some time.
          For Pepsi, yes. For Coke, no. Coke has 42 percent of the market, which is as high as it's ever been.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• Advertising is the greatest thing ever, and I don't just say this because advertising revenue is paying for me to play games whenever I can be bothered to mosey on up to my laptop or pull out my cellphone

(Seriously, everyone wins. Poor people get free content. Rich people get more choices (ad supported vs pay content). Advertisers get exposure. Publishers get paid. Tech savy people get free content without the ads. EVERYONE WINS except those guys who have to stand around spinning signs. That job sucks unless you're some sort of sign spinning savant who gets laid by passer's by who are so impressed with their motor skills. But since those signs are usually in front of fat American Grease Distributor Shops, the quality of tail is likely not that high even then.)

Comment

• Originally posted by Aeson View Post
              Advertising is the greatest thing ever, and I don't just say this because advertising revenue is paying for me to play games whenever I can be bothered to mosey on up to my laptop or pull out my cellphone

(Seriously, everyone wins. Poor people get free content. Rich people get more choices (ad supported vs pay content). Advertisers get exposure. Publishers get paid. Tech savy people get free content without the ads. EVERYONE WINS except those guys who have to stand around spinning signs. That job sucks unless you're some sort of sign spinning savant who gets laid by passer's by who are so impressed with their motor skills. But since those signs are usually in front of fat American Grease Distributor Shops, the quality of tail is likely not that high even then.)
              Yeah the games are free just like Obamacare is affordable

Comment

For Pepsi, yes. For Coke, no. Coke has 42 percent of the market, which is as high as it's ever been.
                I was talking about the drink. Who cares what the companies market share is? We, re talking about economics, not business.

Comment

Always new customers.
                  Yes. If you're selling Coca Cola they're the people buying Pepsi. If you're selling Pepsi they're the people buying Coca Cola.

Comment

• We're talking about economics, not business.

Comment

• Okay then.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aeson View Post
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]175640[/ATTACH] Advertising is the greatest thing ever, and I don't just say this because advertising revenue is paying for me to play games whenever I can be bothered to mosey on up to my laptop or pull out my cellphone
                        Attached Files
                        AC2- the most active SMAC(X) community on the web.
                        JKStudio - Masks and other Art

No pasarán

Comment

• Golden Boy

Comment

• He is, he is.

-I do not intend by exclusion to demean the brilliant hilarity of our Aoverlord's remarks about the (low) quality of quick lube ass, BTW...

...I just wonder who-all around here is old enough to really remember Lyle Waggoner on the Carol Burnette Show and the Wonder Woman credits, and gets how truly funny the sparkling teeth are...
                            AC2- the most active SMAC(X) community on the web.
                            JKStudio - Masks and other Art

No pasarán

Comment

• Not me.

But I wonder if BK thinks if Coke had 100% market share that would be an optimal outcome.

Comment

• Advertising is the rattling of a stick inside a swill bucket.
                                George Orwell
                                Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Working...
                                X