Please don't take this too seriously.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why did you quit your job?
    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• Because I wasn't going to be able to take a full class load and work full-time this semester, and I'm not able to not work full-time in this position.
      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Your boss sounded like a cream puff so I"m surprised you couldn't finagle him into part time,.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• That's an interesting take on my boss...

Regardless, my position being full-time is mandated by my company's contract with the FDA, so it's not really a negotiable thing.
          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Hmm, that's a new one. I've heard of government contracts requiring that vendor workers to be US citizens but never full time. Learn something new every day.
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Our contract is weirdly specific, specifying the number of contractors, what hours of the day the office must be occupied, who's allowed to talk to whom, etc.

Comment

• That does definitely sounds more strict then the government contracts that our company is used to dealing with.

(I do love the who's allowed to talk to whom) How the hell can that be monitored or enforced?
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by rah View Post
                  (I do love the who's allowed to talk to whom) How the hell can that be monitored or enforced?
                  It can't.

Comment

• More Reasons To Marry Your Bestfriend

Thinking about showing up at EBF's house with a printout of the study in question and demanding that she be rational. Thoughts?

Comment

• Really?

You're just teasing us to get a rise...
                      "Aha, you must have supported the Iraq war and wear underpants made out of firearms, just like every other American!" Loinburger

Comment

• Also, have you killed your roommate yet?
                        "Aha, you must have supported the Iraq war and wear underpants made out of firearms, just like every other American!" Loinburger

Comment

• Originally posted by I AM MOBIUS View Post

Really?

You're just teasing us to get a rise...

Originally posted by I AM MOBIUS View Post
                          Also, have you killed your roommate yet?

So, the other night, the furnace broke somehow when it was ~20 F outside, leading to me being a very frustrated dude. While attempting to fix said furnace problems, I also got into an argument with EBF about some various things. I was being an ******* (mostly in response to her being really arrogant), so I relayed the fact that I was ****ing freezing and this was having a negative impact on my mood. Her response was:

Originally posted by EBF
                          try meditating on warmth! many studies have shown relaxation techniques that include feeling your body as heavy and warm increase blood flow to your body and you will create more warmth for yourself to feel
                          ****ing hippies.

Comment

• Getting angry makes you warm too.

Comment

• So does ****ing hippies. Maybe I should have suggested that.

Comment

• She's a hippie and you wanted/want to...

Win/Win!

For you, at least...

Comment

Working...
                                X