Who was the greatest American ever?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
    Ah. I see. So you really want the Catholic church to change to accommodate you. Good luck with that, rah.

I await the day when the Catholic church is sufficiently reformed as the 'Church of rah'. Kinda has a nice ring to it, eh?
    Better than quitting, but you wouldn't know about that.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by molly bloom View Post
      Except it most likely wasn't named after him
      Maybe not more likely than not, but more importantly he is most widely perceived as the originator. A bit like Bell and the telephone.
      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

A true American:
        Crime Dog Actor Sentenced For Pot, Weapons

McGruff the Crime Dog has been barking up the wrong tree.

John Russell Morales, 41, an actor who once played the crime-fighting cartoon bloodhound, has been sentenced to nearly two decades behind bars after pleading guilty to possessing 1,000 marijuana plants and a cache of nearly 30 weapons — including a grenade launcher and thousands of ammunition rounds.

Morales was arrested in 2011 after Galveston, Texas, police and drug-sniffing dogs — real dogs, that is — stopped him for speeding, according to Assistant U.S. Attorney Michael Kusin, who later prosecuted the case.

Authorities discovered diagrams of two indoor pot-growing operations and an abundance of marijuana seeds in Morales' Infinity, according to the Houston Chronicle newspaper.

Police who raided Morales' residence seized 1,000 marijuana plants and 9,000 rounds of ammunition for 27 weapons — including a shotgun, pistols, rifles, and a military grenade launcher, according to court documents obtained by NBC News.

Morales was sentenced to 16 years in jail on Monday, Kusin said.

McGruff was created by the global advertising agency Saatchi & Saatchi through the Ad Council for the National Crime Prevention Council as a tool for American police in developing crime awareness among kids.

[Pets] can't be reasoned with when their instincts kick in and they remember that they're animals. Especially dogs which are genetically 100% wolves. - Al B. Sure!

Comment

True to his moniker...
          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I vote for Paul Bonyon.
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by molly bloom View Post
              Except it most likely wasn't named after him.

W. C. Handy.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]175148[/ATTACH]

He, obviously, can't be the greatest American because he is black. Tea Party people's heads would explode if it were so.
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Better than quitting, but you wouldn't know about that.
                You've already given up on the church.
                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

greatest american?

nobody.

people are scum.

americans are scum. but at least they aren't as bad as russians.
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                    You've already given up on the church.
                    As always, you just make up the stuff you post. I was in church this morning.
                    Criticizing the church does not = quitting.
                    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• the catholic church is scum

if there's a heaven, no catholics will be in it

unless they denounced their child rape religion
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dauphin View Post
                        Maybe not more likely than not, but more importantly he is most widely perceived as the originator. A bit like Bell and the telephone.
                        True. I think it's the Bristol Calendar for 1497 which contains the first reference to 'America'- coincidentally a Welshman named ap Merick (?) was a wealthy merchant who backed voyages out of Bristol and fishermen from Bristol had known of the Grand Banks for some time.
                        Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

• Eugene V. Debs

Click image for larger version

Name:	21_15.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	18.0 KB
ID:	9100105
                          Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

• Originally posted by molly bloom View Post
                            Eugene V. Debs
                            gloriously unremarkable
                            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Originally posted by rah View Post
                              As always, you just make up the stuff you post. I was in church this morning.
                              Criticizing the church does not = quitting.
                              I have no idea if you are "good enough" for salvation or not rah, that's between you and God, but going to church does not save anyone. You need to believe in Christ as presented in the gospel and profess it(Romans).
                              Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                              I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                              Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

• Romans isn't a commandment.

fundies always get it wrong
                                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                                X