X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ben, go away.
    "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Asher, how are AdAware and Bitdefender in comparison?
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

The irony of this whole situation is, as nye says, AVG is the actual spyware. All we're trying to do is educate children.
        I'm more inclined to side with AVG's assessment of your software as spyware.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

AVG doesn't view it as spyware. They have a blanket policy on the whole computer regardless of who is doing it.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
            Asher, how are AdAware and Bitdefender in comparison?
            They don't interfere with my software, that's all I know.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Well, that is promising . I have avast on my computer at current.
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

AVG doesn't view it as spyware. They have a blanket policy on the whole computer regardless of who is doing it.
                The reason for that is this is an extremely common venue for exploits of all kinds. Especially with computers that aren't well maintained.

There's surely got to be a better way, Asher.
                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

I've taken your renowned expertise in this area under consideration.

Comment

Actually, blocking websockets to prevent viruses is more akin to setting a speed limit on a highway to prevent drunk driving deaths.

Comment

Please, learn to analogize prior to posting further, thanks.

Comment

Ah, a thread where Wiggy is the reasonable one. Nice!
                        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Working...
                        X