No announcement yet.

Facebook Etiquette

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As alluded to earlier, is there any reason for you to continue to be Facebook friends with her? Was there any reason for friending her in the first place aside from your bro dating her?

I say unfriend her.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH View Post
      Or indeed anyone.
      Well, sure. I probably wouldn't be inclined to say anything at all if it weren't about my brother.
      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
        As alluded to earlier, is there any reason for you to continue to be Facebook friends with her? Was there any reason for friending her in the first place aside from your bro dating her?

I say unfriend her.
        She friended me and I accepted the request so as not to make waves.
        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Classic friend whore. Unfriend her.
          “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Originally posted by MOBIUS View Post
            I wouldn't take that seriously, they're just venting and rallying around their friend. Both of the examples are jokey anyway and don't sound particularly malicious.

You can reply to her message seeing as she's initiated communications, saying you've no intention of defriending her at the moment as you don't know the background to the split (which may elicit an explanation), however that you do find it uncomfortable her friends wishing harm on your brother...

I imagine her response will set the course of your future relationship with her, if any. I.e. is there any point still being friends now anyway? If you think so, at least you can make the point about the comments...

Also, there is do nothing, however she has already messaged you, so in my opinion it is polite to reply and use it for the above opportunity to mention your unease over the situation.
            I hate it when you're reasonable.

Comment

WTF?! Being friends on facebook with your siblings partners is totally normal.
              Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
              Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
              We've got both kinds

Comment

And complaining when they unfriend you after a break up?
                “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

Comment

I didn't read that's as a complaint.
                  Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                  We've got both kinds

Comment

To be clear, when I say that the ex is ranting about my brother, I mean the brother she had been dating for the last 5 months, not the brother who unfriended her.

Comment

She tried to guilt him into not unfriending her after his other brother did.

Comment

Indeed.

Comment

Another option would be to write a robot to spam her timeline until she unfriends you.

Comment

You guys are too sensitive.
                            We've got both kinds

Comment

I'd just be like "for a relationship of 5 months, seems like there is a distinct amount of overinvestment in it. Did you two even have sex?"
                              "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                              'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

defriend
                                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                                X