Vancouver fans continue to be the worst in sports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vancouver fans continue to be the worst in sports

WILMINGTON — Milan Lucic said he's pretty much done with his hometown of Vancouver after what he described as an unprovoked attack outside a bar on Saturday night after the B's 6-2 loss to the Canucks ended up on YouTube video.

You can watch the video right here. Keep in mind, there is inappropriate language involved.

Lucic also said that he plans to legally go after his alleged assailant, whom he said he did not know.

“Unfortunately everyone's seen the video that's out, something obviously happened late last Saturday night, something I'm not proud of, but it was something that was part of an unprovoked attack on Saturday night when I was punched in the face on two separate occasions, like I said, unprovoked,” said Lucic. “And from this point forward, I'm looking to pursue this in a legal manner. That's probably as much as I can say now. Like I said, I was the victim of the attack. I didn't engage in the attack as you can see in the video. I showed restraint by not retaliating in a physical manner and that's basically it.”

Lucic said he wasn't sure if a police report was taken at the scene.

Lucic said there was no verbal buildup before the altercation. Asked if at any time something was said about him being a Bruin, Lucic paused and said, “I have no comment on that.”

It's not the first time Lucic has had problems in Vancouver. In 2012, his Serbian Orthodox Church was vandalized with graffiti and he said his grandparents were harassed during the 2011 Finals at Rogers Arena.

“That's one of the worst parts. It's in my hometown and going back to the spray-painting of the church and my grandparents and parents and family getting harassed during the Finals against the Canucks in 2011 and now it's escalated to a point where I get attacked for just minding my own business,” said Lucic. “I have no reason left to defend my city and the people of my city. I'm just disgusted and outraged that it came to something like that. As far as that goes, other than being at Rogers Arena, nobody will see me in downtown Vancouver ever again.”

Though he said he was a victim in the incident, Lucic tacitly admitted he put himself in a bad position.

“It sucks being in that situation, but you've got to take ownership of it and know that it happened because you were in that situation,” said Lucic. “We came off a good road trip and wanted to blow off some steam and have some fun and unfortunately it had to end the way that it did. Hopefully, it's not a distraction towards the team further after today.”

What did his parents think of the situation?

“Just like any parent, they're obviously concerned,” said Lucic. “They obviously have my back no matter what the circumstance is. They've seen and witnessed me out before and they've seen how I act with a few drinks in me. And I think I've been in downtown Vancouver maybe 50 or 60 times and I've never even come close to an altercation, but this one obviously ended up in one.”

BRUINS NOTES

Jarome Iginla did not practice and is seeing a Bruins doctor for the injured finger he suffered in a fight with Vancouver's Ryan Kesler on Saturday. Coach Claude Julien said he won't know until tomorrow whether Iginla will be available for tomorrow's game against Calgary. Craig Cunningham was brought up from Providence on an emergency and skated on a fourth line with Jordan Caron and Gregory Campbell.

Matt Fraser took Iginla's place on the first line with David Krejci and Lucic.

Shawn Thornton also took turns on the fourth line. He is having conference calls with his representation and NHLPA today about whether to move forward with an appeal to his 15-game suspension. He has a deadline of 4 p.m. to file if he plans to appeal. ...

When asked for an update on the concussed Loui Eriksson, Julien said he hasn't even been able to come to the rink, “so that's obviously not a good sign.”

The coach also said that Daniel Paille is suffering from “concussion symptoms.” He said Paille wasn't feeling well in Calgary and was sent home for the team's doctors to examine him, so presumably something happened in the Toronto game last Sunday.

I remember those butthurt crybabies rioting and causing lots of damage in their own city after their pathetic little hockey club lost the Stanley Cup a few years ago. I didn't realize that Lucic's grandparents were harassed.

Vancouver fans

The fact that they are the worst in (North America) sports says a lot. Even Philadelphia fans, as horrible as they are, aren't as bad as Vancouver fans.

Bush League losers all the way.
    To us, it is the BEAST.

It's a shame, really. Vancouver is a beautiful place. Terrible shame about the people in it.
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Asked if at any time something was said about him being a Bruin, Lucic paused and said, “I have no comment on that.”
      Though he said he was a victim in the incident, Lucic tacitly admitted he put himself in a bad position.
      Sounds like there's more to the story than we've heard. Unprovoked?

Hey, he got his ass spanked. I can totally see Lucic taking his frustrations out on innocent Vancouverites.

After reading more, Lucic goes to Granville at 2am in the morning. Gets drunk. Taunts another bar patron and then gets in a fight. #typicalBruinsnight. Why is this news?
      Last edited by Ben Kenobi; December 16, 2013, 16:51.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
        It's a shame, really. Vancouver is a beautiful place. Terrible shame about the people in it.

Pretty much, yup, unfortunately.
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
          But Sister Bendy doesn't live there any more.....
          Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Apparently, that's not enough to redeem the remainder.
            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Sister Bendy doesn't live there any more.....
              Odd they bring up the vandalism. I had my church vandalised too. Vancouver has more than it's share of ***holes, but there's nothing to indicate here that the barfly even recognized Lucic.
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

You're so ****ing stupid it's amazing.
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Drunk idiot gets in a fight with Vancouverite. News at 11.

Comment

So uh, I thought Ben hated Vancouver because it's not properly conservative like northern BC or something?

It's when the Canucks are playing the Bruins that it becomes a matter of, can they both please lose?

Comment

So uh, I thought Ben hated Vancouver because it's not properly conservative like northern BC or something?
                      It's like NorCal and San Francisco.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                        Odd they bring up the vandalism. I had my church vandalised too.
                        'Your' church ? I wasn't aware until now that you were some right wing offshoot of Roman Catholicism all of your own, but I suppose it makes sense. I thought you might be in the LeFebvre schismatic camp along with Holocaust deniers and so on.
                        Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

In Ben's mind, the story of the Holocaust involves a bunch of terrorist Jews ruthless murdering innocent Germans.
                          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post
                            In Ben's mind, the story of the Holocaust involves a bunch of terrorist Jews ruthless murdering innocent Germans.
                            He probably applauds Hitler for liberating so many Jews from Soviet domination.

Comment

'Your' church ? I wasn't aware until now that you were some right wing offshoot of Roman Catholicism all of your own, but I suppose it makes sense.
                              I lived on campus at Vancouver, and there's a chapel on campus that I attended while I lived there. And yes, it was vandalized while I was there.

I thought you might be in the LeFebvre schismatic camp along with Holocaust deniers and so on.
                              What? No. I'm not even in the Ordinariate. I'm just plain ol' Novus Ordo Latin Rite Roman Catholic. I've been Catholic since Easter of 2005.

Comment

Working...
                              X