Something for Sloww...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something for Sloww...

Eric Clapton's isolated guitar track on "While My Guitar Gently Weeps"...

George Harrison of the Beatles was an accomplished guitar player with a distinctive soloing style. So you might think that with a song as personal and guitar-centric as 'While My Guitar Gently Weeps,' he would do his own playing. In fact, the song features guitar playing by Eric Clapton.

Listen to the iso, then to the full tune. Pretty cool stuff.
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Greatest song of all time.

I am willing to read arguments to the contrary, so long as those posting said arguments are willing to be laughed at.
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

I wouldn't even call it the best song by the Beatles, much less the greatest song of all time.

Comment

Cool deal. Thanks.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I like that. Very classic.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
            GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Wow. I'm going to play it over the big sound system next week. Very enjoyable.
              There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

See? we oldies have BIG sound systems
                Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

You're welcome, Sloww. Knew you'd dig it.

As someone who has operated a few studios and engineered a bit, this sort of thing is a huge guilty pleasure for me. If you guys like isolation tracks, I've got a few other links.
                  Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                  RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I thought it interesting as hell.
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

I wouldn't even call it the best song by the Beatles, much less the greatest song of all time.
                      It's the best one played by Clapton.
                      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Best Beatles song done by Clapton? Probably.

Comment

Working...
                        X