No announcement yet.

GOP: Party of overt, shameless racism.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GOP: Party of overt, shameless racism.

Enjoy not winning the Presidency for the next 20 years.
    To us, it is the BEAST.

I saw that last night... it was difficult to believe my own eyes and ears.

That said, that's a bit of cherry-picking. One complete ****ing douchebag racist ***** does not a party make.
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
      I saw that last night... it was difficult to believe my own eyes and ears.

That said, that's a bit of cherry-picking. One complete ****ing douchebag racist ***** does not a party make.
      c.f. Oerdin
      If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
      ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Or Mr. Fun.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Meanwhile in the right wing media just yesterday Fox was screaming that Obama will seize the assets of white people.

While another Fox News contributor and World Nut Daily writer claims whites should fear the coming race war where "black mobs" will come to kill them and steal everything they own.

Nope, the GOP doesn't have any race issues nor does it intentionally CONSTANTLY attempt to stoke the fears of elderly white people that negros are coming to attack them and steal their stuff. Nope. It's not like the GOP has spent the last half century playing the same racist game, right?
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

BTW those are just two examples from the last 24 hours and anyone could come up with new examples just about any day of the week. The racist fear mongering by the Republicans is that common and that constant.
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

It's not like the GOP has spent the last half century playing the same racist game, right?
              I'm pretty sure the reason you haven't signed on is that they are insufficiently racist. If you want the top racists you have to go democrat. accept no substitutes. The party of slavery, Jim Crow and Planned Parenthood.
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post
                Enjoy not winning the Presidency for the next 20 years.
                How can they lose if they rig the elections?
                John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Worked for Obama.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

The heavy handed editing on this video is what's overt and shameless. There's nothing wrong with anything that was said in the video. Can anyone quote one thing that is clearly racist?

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                      Worked for Obama.
                      Obviously.
                      "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                      'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by Wiglaf View Post
                        The heavy handed editing on this video is what's overt and shameless. There's nothing wrong with anything that was said in the video. Can anyone quote one thing that is clearly racist?
                        If it hurts the whites, so be it. If it hurts a bunch of lazy blacks that wants the government to give them everything, so be it

lol nothing racist about the difference in how he referred to white people and black people.

Comment

He was clearly implying that all white people are generally lazy and would be hurt by the law, while only lazy black people would be.
                          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

i'll be honest: i have a difficult time fathoming people who don't have photo identification.

also, we really need to check our collective voting privilege. look at all the hooplah other, less enfranchised nations have to go through: inking of hands? i don't even.
                            I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
                            [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

Looks like this cost him his job.

N.C. GOP official resigns after interview
                              By: Jose DelReal
                              October 24, 2013 06:13 PM EDT

Conservative activist Don Yelton has stepped down from his position as Republican precinct chairman of Buncombe County, N.C., following controversial comments that aired Wednesday on the Daily Show.

The remarks were made during an interview with Daily Show correspondent Aasif Mandvi, during which Mandvi and Yelton discussed efforts to pass new voter identification requirements into in North Carolina, a requirement that many critics argue will subdue voter turnout in the state.

“The law is going to kick the Democrats in the butt,” Yelton said. “If it hurts a bunch of college kids [that are] too lazy to get up off their bohonkas and go get a photo ID, so be it. If it hurts a bunch of whites, so be it.”

Yelton also made a series of racially incendiary remarks to Mandvi as they discussed the law.

“If it hurts a bunch of lazy blacks that want the government to give them everything, so be it,” Yelton added.

Following his controversial interview, the Buncombe county GOP Chairman Henry Mitchell vehemently distanced the party from Yelton’s comments.

“Let me make it very clear, Mr. Yelton’s comments do not reflect the belief or feelings of Buncombe Republicans, nor do they mirror any core principle that our party is founded upon,” Mitchell said in a statement released to the press.

“This mentality will not be supported or propagated within our party,” Mitchell added.

Still, Yelton stood by his comments on Thursday.

“The comments that were made, that I said, I stand behind them. I believe them,” he told Mountain Xpress, a local alternative paper.

During the Daily Show interview, Yelton rejected claims that he is racist.

“I’ve been called a bigot before,” Yelton said. “[And] as a matter of fact, one of my best friends is black.”
                              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Working...
                              X