Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

American tourists travelling to Spain complain that there are too many Spanish-speaking people there.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• American tourists travelling to Spain complain that there are too many Spanish-speaking people there.

Seriously!?!?

I mean ... FUCKIN' seriously!?!?

THESE ARE ACTUAL COMPLAINTS RECEIVED BY “THOMAS COOK VACATIONS FROM DISSATISFIED CUSTOMERS” :

1. “I think it should be explained in the brochure that the local convenience store does not sell proper biscuits like custard creams or ginger nuts.”

2. “It’s lazy of the local shopkeepers in Puerto Vallarta to close in the afternoons. I often needed to buy things during ‘siesta’ time — this should be banned.”

3. “On my holiday to Goa in India , I was disgusted to find that almost every restaurant served curry. I don’t like spicy food.”

I'll book it but only if I can screen my fellow travelers first.
    I’ll book it but only if I can screen my fellow travelers first.
    4. “We booked an excursion to a water park but no-one told us we had to bring our own swimsuits and towels. We assumed it would be included in the price”

5. “The beach was too sandy. We had to clean everything when we returned to our room.”

6. “We found the sand was not like the sand in the brochure. Your brochure shows the sand as white but it was more yellow.”

7. “They should not allow topless sunbathing on the beach. It was very distracting for my husband who just wanted to relax.”

8. “No-one told us there would be fish in the water. The children were scared.”

9. “Although the brochure said that there was a fully equipped kitchen, there was no egg-slicer in the drawers.”

10. “We went on holiday to Spain and had a problem with the taxi drivers as they were all Spanish.”

11. “The roads were uneven and bumpy, so we could not read the local guide book during the bus ride to the resort. Because of this, we were unaware of many things that would have made our holiday more fun.”

12. “It took us nine hours to fly home from Jamaica to England . It took the Americans only three hours to get home. This seems unfair.”

13. “I compared the size of our one-bedroom suite to our friends’ three-bedroom and ours was significantly smaller.”

14. “The brochure stated: ‘No hairdressers at the resort’. We’re trainee hairdressers and we think they knew and made us wait longer for service.”

15. “There were too many Spanish people there. The receptionist spoke Spanish, the food was Spanish. No one told us that there would be so many foreigners.”

16. “We had to line up outside to catch the boat and there was no air-conditioning.”

17. “It is your duty as a tour operator to advise us of noisy or unruly guests before we travel.”

18. “I was bitten by a mosquito. The brochure did not mention mosquitoes.”

19. “My fiance and I requested twin-beds when we booked, but instead we were placed in a room with a king bed. We now hold you responsible and want to be re-reimbursed for the fact that I became pregnant. This would not have happened if you had put us in the room that we booked.”
    I'm sure some European polytoners here have a horror story or two of an interaction with an American tourist.
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

They're British tourists, not American tourists. You have a master's degree and you can't even read correctly?

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
      They're British tourists, not American tourists. You have a master's degree and you can't even read correctly?
      Fine; those fuckin' Brits.

Comment

He's a dork. What did you expect?
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Tourist complaints are often hilarious no matter what country they come from.
          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
            They're British tourists, not American tourists.
            That was clear in the very first complaint. Why are Brits so fond of eating ginger nuts? Is that why Hermione chose Ron over Harry?
            I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Comment

#1 sounds more British than American while #19 must be a joke.
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                #1 sounds so ****ing British that it might be parody.
                Fixed that for you.

Comment

No one told us that there would be so many foreigners.”
                  A favorite complaint of tourists in China.
                  “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                  "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

I originally thought it was parody, but then found the original. There are some alterations.
                    No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

He's an American, you see.
                      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi View Post
                        Tourist complaints are often hilarious no matter what country they come from.
                        Yes, true. But we Americans have a VERY low reputation to maintain compared to other tourists traveling from other countries.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk View Post
                          I originally thought it was parody, but then found the original. There are some alterations.
                          I like how they still have the one where the English person complains about the tyranny of geography. ("The Americans could fly home in three hours while it took nine hours to fly to England!")
                          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun View Post
                            Yes, true. But we Americans have a VERY low reputation to maintain compared to other tourists traveling from other countries.
                            Actually, American tourists are pretty well-regarded (despite being a bunch of fat idiots) because they're generous with their money. Much better than the Germans (who are fat and cheap) or the Brits (who are cheap and loutish).

Comment

Originally posted by Captain ******* Kirk View Post
                              Actually, American tourists are pretty well-regarded (despite being a bunch of fat idiots) because they're generous with their money. Much better than the Germans (who are fat and cheap) or the Brits (who are cheap and loutish).
                              So Europeans have so little self-respect and dignity that they happily welcome American jerks because American jerks spend more money than other jerks?

Comment

Working...
                              X