I have turned Flash off.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have turned Flash off.

Because I am sick to death of sites autoplaying whatever, with no way to turn it off, especially with sound.

Are they trying to get people fired?
    No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Firefox? There's a plugin called Flashblock.
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post
      Firefox? There's a plugin called Flashblock.
      Flashblock
      Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

I'll have to check out flashblock. Does it completely block videos or does it just prevent them from auto playing but if I actually care to listen to it can I still click on it?
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

There's also programs for viruses and spyware. It doesn't make it right.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
            I'll have to check out flashblock. Does it completely block videos or does it just prevent them from auto playing but if I actually care to listen to it can I still click on it?
            IIRC, makes it so any Flash asset must be clicked on in order to view.
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

NoScript turns all that sh1t off until you enable a site to run them.
              (\__/)
              (='.'=)
              (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

I'd rather have OWS camp in the doorways of the offenders.

Comment

I suggest less salt in your diet.
                  “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                  "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

I didn't know you had the type relationship with Flash that would allow you to turn him off or on. This place is so interesting. So many surprises.
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Goddamn it slowwy!
                      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

In addition to letting me tune out annoying co-workers, another benefit to headphones is that I didn't have to worry about what might start auto-playing when I visited a website.
                        <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

And how do you take fotos in the dark?
                          Indifference is Bliss

Comment

<p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

The government turns off Flash for me. I the government.
                              Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                              "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Working...
                              X