Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swiss to vote on ending Militia system

All the Swiss news that print to fit

Others see things differently, most notably the Group for a Switzerland without an Army (GSoA), which is behind the September 22nd initiative to get rid of the mandatory military service. The group, founded in 1982 with the aim of abolishing the army, believes that conscription is archaic and expensive

Man you couldn't make a more South Parky Libruls Libruls Libruls name if you tried with that.

It reckons that the conscripted army costs Switzerland 4.7 billion francs ($5.07 billion) annually, with an additional impact of four billion francs on the economy due to workplace absences
    So, 1.5 Nimitz class carriers or 10 B-2 Bombers.
    Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Bad move.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

switzerland having an army seems pointless.
      "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
        Bad move.
        Why?
        Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Stupid article.
          DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Originally posted by C0ckney View Post
            You should do some reading. MOBIUS can't read, so...
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I know just like it's pointless for most countries to even have an army thanks to the presence of America as the defender of the free world
              "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
              "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

"Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                  You should do some reading. MOBIUS can't read, so...
                  Yeah I read it. Why is it a bad move?

And you should lighten up and try to be nice for a change. It seems to me that all the people who have complained about me being nasty over the years should actually take a good long hard look in the mirror themselves.
                  Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Originally posted by Lonestar View Post
                    So, 1.5 Nimitz class carriers or 10 B-2 Bombers.
                    That's initial purchase price only, not TCO.

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                    I know just like it's pointless for most countries to even have an army thanks to the presence of America as the defender of the free world
                    ****ing freeloaders

They couldn't even drop some bombs in our backyard without our help. They ran out of ammo in less than six ****ing days. ****ing Syria has more staying power. I bet if they invaded Syria they'd get their **** kicked in and lose.

Comment

Why not just stop doing it then? Drop your defence budget to 1/5th of what it is now, you'll still spend more than anyone else and you can use the money to fund genuine free healthcare. WIN WIN For America!
                      Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                      Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                      We've got both kinds

Comment

It wasn't pointless in world war II
                        If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                        ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH View Post
                          Why not just stop doing it then? Drop your defence budget to 1/5th of what it is now, you'll still spend more than anyone else and you can use the money to fund genuine free healthcare. WIN WIN For America!
                          Someone doesn't know what "free" means

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                            A fair point.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH View Post
                              Would rather have the bombs. **** public health care.

Comment

Working...
                              X