CDC confirms that yes we are probably ****ed [Post Antibiotic Edition]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
    They presumably lose this resistance far more slowly than they acquire them.
    Seems presumptuous.
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

A few years ago, my sister kept bugging my dad to say "I ain't no hollaback girl". He refused. She pestered him. Finally he got so annoyed and just shouted, "I AINT NO HOLLABACK GIRL"
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Fvck it!
          Gotta all go down the toilet sometime.

Comment

Guess it shouldn't be a surprise as medical groups have been warning about it for years, but I must admit I was kind of hoping for some amazing new leap in medicine that would avoid it before it became a huge threat
            Couple things.

1, 'resistant to an antibiotic', would include resistant to penicillin. There's a huge, huge range between, 'resistant to an antibiotic' and 'resistant to most antibiotics. Is it a problem? Yes. Is that statistic incredibly unhelpful at discerning the true extent of the problem? Also yes.
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

They presumably lose this resistance far more slowly than they acquire them.
              There has been some success in using E Coli bacteria and modifying E Coli to munch on this crap. Sure, they can adapt. But we can use other bacteria to fight them.
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                Couple things.

1, 'resistant to an antibiotic', would include resistant to penicillin. There's a huge, huge range between, 'resistant to an antibiotic' and 'resistant to most antibiotics. Is it a problem? Yes. Is that statistic incredibly unhelpful at discerning the true extent of the problem? Also yes.
                Resistance to antibiotics is becoming a huge global problem. Please don't try and downplay it.

Comment

Resistance to antibiotics is becoming a huge global problem. Please don't try and downplay it.
                  Resistance to Penicillin isn't in the same league as the spread of Methicillin Resistant Staph Aureus. Your 'stat' treats the two as equally concerning.

Comment

Ben, please kill yourself. Please.
                    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by kentonio View Post
                      Yay, free market!
                      Just another failure of the free market just like none of them bother to fund research into tropical diseases because poor people can't pay much even though millions of them die each year. To compare they're tripping over themselves to help old white men get hard ons.
                      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Docfeelgood View Post
                        Fvck it!
                        Gotta all go down the toilet sometime.
                        Learn to swim.
                        Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Working...
                        X