Second despondent thread of the day: Cuck Fisco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, bumping this for a couple of things:

A. DaShi, what you said was actually surprisingly cheering, so thanks. There were two practice tests available, which I took under (mostly) real-test conditions, but they were much easier, possibly because there was less stress. I even passed the first test despite a broken simlet. Of course, the practice tests gave me two hours instead of ninety minutes, but I didn't use more than ninety minutes for either anyway.

B. I think I know how to beat at least one of the two simlets. I was just freaking out over time for the EIGRP one, and failing to concentrate on what was core. If everything was fine except the connection with the bottom router, then either there was some passive-interface BS going on or something was wrong with that bottom router's EIGRP. Those are the only two causes I can think of. If I hadn't been panicking, I wouldn't have wasted all that time worrying about the IP address--they weren't asking me to verify connectivity, so why should I have cared? All I needed was for a route to the top network to appear. So, if I do it again, my first order of business should be to check the bottom router's table to see if any DUAL entries are showing up (I think there were, but I was so crazed that I can't recall). That will rule out bad AS numbers and passive interfaces. Then I sift through their running-configs to see if they're advertising properly. Sound about right?

Now I just need to figure out howTF it expected me to know information from other switches for that other simlet...
    1011 1100
    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

they were much easier, possibly because there was less stress.
      And you said my methods were bullcrap. It's a confidence issue not a competence one. Elok, like I said, figure out what stumped you on those two simlets, run through a bunch of practice simlets under time pressure. Then, step away from this for awhile once you feel you can consistantly run a simlet without problems. When you're ready to re-take the exam, do a couple of simlets the week before, a couple the weekend before (if the test is on a monday, do them Saturday, not Sunday. And a couple two days before the test. The day before the test - do whatever you enjoy be it spending time with the wife, sleeping, eating whatever. But no simlets. Then walk into the exam. You do this, you will pass. I'm sure of it.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
        And you said my methods were bullcrap.
        No, I said you were being very annoying. Also, you know nothing of networking or IOS, so your opinion doesn't count.
        1011 1100
        Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

I haven't been able to (correctly) do my job this past week because a piece of software we use hasn't been able to connect to a database it needs to work. The IT people haven't been able to fix it. Maybe you can, Elok. Maybe you can.
          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Argh. This thread is just reminding me of all the things I've already forgotten from high school. I used to know about subnets and routing and IOS and **** and I've forgotten about 60% of it. I could probably pick it up again if I wanted to but since I don't use it anymore.... :/
            If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
            ){ :|:& };:

Comment

No, I said you were being very annoying. Also, you know nothing of networking or IOS, so your opinion doesn't count.
              Given that it's not your problem, I agree. I should have no opinion on something that's not the problem here.
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                I believe the average would grade out to around 6 years of education on the forum. Maybe more.

I assume this is some strange North American way of phrasing it?

Because 6 years of education is like some developing world stat, with people getting schooling until age 11 or 12 or something.
                Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                We've got both kinds

Comment

Standard BSc, BA in the UK would be minimum 16 years education. Most people here have that.
                  Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                  We've got both kinds

Comment

I love how in Catholic themed threads Ben tells people that if they're not Catholic they shouldn't participate since they really don't know, but when it comes to give advice on a topic that he is unfamiliar with, he claims it's the process and not the knowledge. Typical Ben.
                    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH View Post
                      Standard BSc, BA in the UK would be minimum 16 years education. Most people here have that.
                      BA/BS would typically be 17 years if we're including kindergarten. It's possible to do it faster, and some people take longer in college due to dropping or failing classes.

Comment

Yeah, depends when you are born here but could be 17. It's from the school year before you are 5 to just over 21 basically.

So if you count it like that in the States WTF was Ben on about?

He thinks we all left school at 12.
                        We've got both kinds

Comment

Hey, I'm in 23rd grade.
                          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Or are you in 3rd grade for the 20th time?
                            We've got both kinds

Comment

You've nailed the theme of most of my nightmares.

Comment

I recommend you to find a braindump for your test and memorize it. This is not the most fair way, but it works.
                                Graffiti in a public toilet
                                Do not require skill or wit
                                Among the **** we all are poets
                                Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

Working...
                                X