Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• San Antonio got it right. Finally.

ACK!
    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

There's already a federal law. They need a city ordinance for the same laws?

WHAT THE ORDINANCE DOES NOT DO:

Does not add any new employment
    regulations on businesses operating within
    the city that do not contract with the City of
    San Antonio

Does not require any business to provide
    domestic partner benefits to their employees

Does not establish a Human Relations
    Commission or require adding any personnel

Has no impact on the City’s budget

Does not amend the City’s charter

Does not
    change
    any bathroom, dressing
    room or locker room policies currently in
    place

looks impotent
    Me thinks this was just a put on show

Comment

yay

treating people like human beings

hmmm impotent? hopefully not
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Interesting, and telling, that the majority of the opposition supported discrimination against veterans.

Progress. Maybe someday veterans will be as respected in America as gay people.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

You're ****ing retarded, veterans get revered well beyond just about any other group in society.

Comment

You're ****ing retarded, veterans get revered well beyond just about any other group in society.
            Again - most of the opposition was adding veterans to this bill. Clearly gay folks are top dawg in America and if you don't like it you need to get with the times.

Look at TV - are you more likely to see a vet revered or a gay person revered?
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Vet - and it isn't even close.
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

No one reveres someone for being a homosexual like it's some sort of accomplishment...

Comment

Let's be fair, here. If you define "revered" as "depicted as a non-villainous, mostly well-adjusted human being," that knocks off every depiction of PTSD, so provided you confine it to strictly service-concluded veterans (as opposed to the Armed Forces in general) he's sort of almost right, I think. And, if you use it to mean "employed as mostly good-natured stereotypes, sometimes for comic relief," gays win hands-down. It's only if you use "revered" as it is commonly used in the English language that BK looks ridiculous for saying that.

Then again, I haven't watched TV in ages, so maybe there's some sort of Pink Hero Hour on these days?
                  1011 1100
                  Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
                    And, if you use it to mean "employed as mostly good-natured stereotypes, sometimes for comic relief," gays win hands-down.

Yeah, like back in the day when there was regularly a cheery black guy in TV and movies with a distinctive voice/accent and usually there purely for comic relief. That must be such a lovely feeling for the lucky gays, knowing that society is treating them so well.

Comment

I think this speaks volumes about what kind of TV BK is watching.
                      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

The level of psychosis contained within one short Ben post is, scientifically, astounding. Were I so inclined, several papers could be published based on his words.
                        "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                        "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Working...
                        X